DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My drone "spying"

So called drone police.
Part of the purpose of this site is to allow people to be aware of the rules. The problem comes when people know the rules but try to justify the violation as if the justification makes it legal.

Like me, I do fly from my house though it is at the outside tail end of a runway approach so grid shows zero ceiling. Knowing that, I keep just over trees, about 70 to 100ft.
Is that legal? No, I'll own to that and will accept criticism. From a practical sense though, I feel a MAS would have other issues than me being that low, like the power transmission lines crossing his path he'd be about to hit.

For safety reason I never try to fly over people. However, I have been amazed how stealthy my DJI Mini is. I have on multiple occasions flown merely 60 to 100 feet above tracks, ball games, people just congregating. And time after time (because I maintain VLS) I observe that almost all people don't even look up or notice the drone. I keep the drone hovering and film various activities with virtual anonymity.

Have other members had similar experiences?
How do you fly above ball games and not fly over people?

There's plenty of space around a ball field to shoot the action and not be over people. I don't think the OP is talking about a huge stadium.
Correct.. talking about ball fields in very large parks in NYC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman