DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My favorite video so far! 1 week flying, 2 days editing, 100% manual flight. All criticism welcome!

Good job, nice place to live. Didn’t see any artifacts but only watched it in a small window.

edit: just watched it full screen and didn’t notice any obvious artifacts.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Fantastic video : 90% of this is really clean , I did see some codec issues on the water but not the subject. Most likely to long a render on youtube as most of the artifacts were at the end.

Fantastic video : 90% of this is really clean , I did see some codec issues on the water but not the subject. Most likely to long a render on youtube as most of the artifacts were at the end.
I just realized I've been shooting this in h.265 (4k60) but editing in h.264 and exporting in h.264... could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks btw!

I would like to know if you guys are seeing artifacts in the water like I am.

Thanks for watching!
I am not sure about water artifacts but what I am sure about is that I really enjoyed this video a lot. You incorporated a lot of my goals- hyperlapse cloud storms, hyperlapse sunset, great following of boat scenes, , and circling movements of the lighthouse, - the whole gamut of skills needed to create this great video. I think speeding up of the figure-of-eight maneuvers of the jet boat was a bit too much-maybe slow down a bit. They look like little jitterbugs on the water. Very nice work.
Dale
Miami

I am not sure about water artifacts but what I am sure about is that I really enjoyed this video a lot. You incorporated a lot of my goals- hyperlapse cloud storms, hyperlapse sunset, great following of boat scenes, , and circling movements of the lighthouse, - the whole gamut of skills needed to create this great video. I think speeding up of the figure-of-eight maneuvers of the jet boat was a bit too much-maybe slow down a bit. They look like little jitterbugs on the water. Very nice work.
Dale
Miami
I appreciate the heads up.

I noticed the same thing, but had to keep it that way because of the music syncing. I really appreciate the kind words @Dale D.

You movements were like butter. Very smooth. In many drone videos I watch I get bored around the 2 minute mark - not in your video! You went over 3 minutes and kept my attention to whole time. Excellent work!

• Love
Great Job!!!! I keep seeing awesome edited videos here, most with music to them. I am fairly new to flying the M1P (had a few Skyvipers to learn on) and enjoy taking videos but have no clue how to edit them. what program do y'all use?

Great Job!!!! I keep seeing awesome edited videos here, most with music to them. I am fairly new to flying the M1P (had a few Skyvipers to learn on) and enjoy taking videos but have no clue how to edit them. what program do y'all use?
I use the Adobe suite.

Premiere Pro for video, maybe sometimes After Effects for some cool stuff, but rarely.
LightRoom for photos, sometimes Photoshop like above.

I use Youtube Studio and ReverbNation for music.

Have a great day! Appreciate the kind words!

Nice work. Mostly great shots. I don't think you needed to speed up some of those shots, they would have been fine in at regular speed. You did a good job following the jet ski guy who was doing the figure-8 moves but it might have been smoother if you'd have shot him on Active Track. Over all great. Try the Warp Stabilizer effect (under Distort in the Effects panel) on your hyperlapse shots to see if that smooths them out. Keep posting...great to watch.

Nice work. Mostly great shots. I don't think you needed to speed up some of those shots, they would have been fine in at regular speed. You did a good job following the jet ski guy who was doing the figure-8 moves but it might have been smoother if you'd have shot him on Active Track. Over all great. Try the Warp Stabilizer effect (under Distort in the Effects panel) on your hyperlapse shots to see if that smooths them out. Keep posting...great to watch.
You did a great job with your control of the bird
and the timing of each segment of the video.
Not too short and not too long.
Well done.
Thank you!

Some of them were sped up/down to sync the transition with the music. I appreciate the constructive criticism!

Have a great day! Stay safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998