DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first bonehead move

JP

Reactions
Today I was out with my wife and we visited a very unique temple here in Thailand. It was a bit breezy but nothing to much. I was on a narrow road near the temple lined with some some 8 to 10 foot trees. I set up the Mavic as always and fired it up. I got it up and it was hovering at about 8 feet. I was looking at the display checking the settings and just as I was about to start the video a HUGE gust of wind came and simply pushed my Mavic into a tree. It started whacking off leaves. I rushed over and grabbed the thing and ran out into the road about 15 feet away to a larger open area and let it go where it hovered but was being pushed. The wind went from 10 to easily 40mph. Anyway I landed it quickly and called it a day. Amazing how much the Mavic tried fighting me as I pulled it along. I only had a bit of leaf debris on 2 rotors.

Reactions: Dsoria25
Any other damage done or parts needed? I know a few repair shops around Thailand depending on where you are.

Hey Thanks TD. Appreciate the consideration. At this point, no damage at all just helped out the gardener for a few seconds.

However I'd appreciate the contact info anyway if you do not mind. Always good just in case.

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise