DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first bonehead move

JP

Reactions
Today I was out with my wife and we visited a very unique temple here in Thailand. It was a bit breezy but nothing to much. I was on a narrow road near the temple lined with some some 8 to 10 foot trees. I set up the Mavic as always and fired it up. I got it up and it was hovering at about 8 feet. I was looking at the display checking the settings and just as I was about to start the video a HUGE gust of wind came and simply pushed my Mavic into a tree. It started whacking off leaves. I rushed over and grabbed the thing and ran out into the road about 15 feet away to a larger open area and let it go where it hovered but was being pushed. The wind went from 10 to easily 40mph. Anyway I landed it quickly and called it a day. Amazing how much the Mavic tried fighting me as I pulled it along. I only had a bit of leaf debris on 2 rotors.

Reactions: Dsoria25
Any other damage done or parts needed? I know a few repair shops around Thailand depending on where you are.

Hey Thanks TD. Appreciate the consideration. At this point, no damage at all just helped out the gardener for a few seconds.

However I'd appreciate the contact info anyway if you do not mind. Always good just in case.

Cheers

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elikruj