DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first crash

Miserymick

Reactions
Hi
New member here. Fist crash filming around a waterfall. Clipped a tree and fell into shallow water break one of the arm and camera and gimbal becoming dislodged. I wanted to post some images of the damage to see if mavic experts can advise on what needs repairing

1. The camera-not sure if I need a new camera. From the pics, can you tell if its just the housing and cable needs replacing. These can be bought separately off the net, right?

2. The front left arm has snapped. Again, do I just need the leg. The motor appears intact. I would appreciate a link to any good youtube repair vids. I don't have DJI care nor warranty

Attachments

• DSCF9953.JPG
    DSCF9953.JPG
    726.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF9954.JPG
    DSCF9954.JPG
    843.4 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF9957.JPG
    DSCF9957.JPG
    915.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF9958.JPG
    DSCF9958.JPG
    894.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF9959.JPG
    DSCF9959.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • DSCF9960.JPG
    DSCF9960.JPG
    971.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF9961.JPG
    DSCF9961.JPG
    828.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF9962.JPG
    DSCF9962.JPG
    834.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF9963.JPG
    DSCF9963.JPG
    831.4 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Former Member
As long as the silver cable on the gimbal didn't break, that's a simple fix. Buy the whole arm assembly, either from eBay or @Thunderdrones, and buy the gimbal cable and mount from eBay/Amazon. If the silver cable of the gimbal broke, that is a pain in the butt.

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks for mentioning me @MavicCF and @Just_nick

OP, to start with, you are going to need:

1. Gimbal plate
2. Gimbal ribbon cable
3. Left front arm (not leg)
4. Pitch motor cover

See if you are getting any video feed. Then report back.

I fix Mavics every day.

Thanks for mentioning me @MavicCF and @Just_nick

OP, to start with, you are going to need:

1. Gimbal plate
2. Gimbal ribbon cable
3. Left front arm (not leg)
4. Pitch motor cover

See if you are getting any video feed. Then report back.

I fix Mavics every day.

Thanks Thunderdrones much appreciated. You live too far away to take you up on the repair. Im in Blighty

Hi
New member here. Fist crash filming around a waterfall. Clipped a tree and fell into shallow water break one of the arm and camera and gimbal becoming dislodged. I wanted to post some images of the damage to see if mavic experts can advise on what needs repairing

1. The camera-not sure if I need a new camera. From the pics, can you tell if its just the housing and cable needs replacing. These can be bought separately off the net, right?

2. The front left arm has snapped. Again, do I just need the leg. The motor appears intact. I would appreciate a link to any good youtube repair vids. I don't have DJI care nor warranty
do you have the video file ?

were you going fast / slow / what exactly you hit only asking to know how impact friendly mavic can be or is it a dont touch me drone

As long as the silver cable on the gimbal didn't break, that's a simple fix. Buy the whole arm assembly, either from eBay or @Thunderdrones, and buy the gimbal cable and mount from eBay/Amazon. If the silver cable of the gimbal broke, that is a pain in the butt.
Thanks Just-nick. Silver cable is not broke but looks stretched and laid bare

do you have the video file ?

were you going fast / slow / what exactly you hit only asking to know how impact friendly mavic can be or is it a dont touch me drone
Flying around a waterfall. The experience is telling me is to assess wind current, eddies and gust. It behaved erratically and really unsteady being pushed or pulled towards the torrent. I then became wary and then brought it in to land pressing the land sequence but started to gain altitude quickly. I tried to control it but had entered some sort of sequence, clipping a branch. It could have been worse and fell completely into the water fall. I have downloaded the blackbox files

Sounds like it was the RTH that you pressed, and it was going to its pre set altitude?? An option to stop that was to press RTH again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian