DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first drone

Well I can tell you.... I had the same issue. Mine wouldn't connect out of the box.... then after several minutes of fiddling with it it finally connected and it's been good ever since.

I think honestly some of these issues can always be traced back to noobs. Making errors. All we know it what is said, not what happened. There's lots of a Mavic's flying around and I'm pretty sure they don't all have this issue.

What if it's a small percentage that's doing the calibrations wrong, or not linking the RC correctly? Could be lots more that we simply don't know.

I highly doubt a hardware issue. Most are flying without a care in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Well I can tell you.... I had the same issue. Mine wouldn't connect out of the box.... then after several minutes of fiddling with it it finally connected and it's been good ever since.

I think honestly some of these issues can always be traced back to noobs. Making errors. All we know it what is said, not what happened. There's lots of a Mavic's flying around and I'm pretty sure they don't all have this issue.

What if it's a small percentage that's doing the calibrations wrong, or not linking the RC correctly? Could be lots more that we simply don't know.

I highly doubt a hardware issue. Most are flying without a care in the world.

Lol, I wish you'd actually read the DJI threads. DJI has gone over several .dat files from problematic Mavics that haven't actually crashed yet, and have told people they are unsafe to fly and to send them in.

I appreciate al this information I love my Panthom 4 I order a Mavic fly more bundle because his portability and new technology. Hoping they fix the problems an all gets fixed before I get mine. A week ago I update my RC with a new firmware, I had weak signal, lost control 3 times in the same flight and the video quality in my iPad mini was choppy I could even catch a video of more than a minute. Everything very scary for the first time. I just want to make sure I don't crash mi Mavic Pro. I want to keep them both.
f60e7fba373d9f16b55bd15d418fc1ce.jpg

Lol, I wish you'd actually read the DJI threads. DJI has gone over several .dat files from problematic Mavics that haven't actually crashed yet, and have told people they are unsafe to fly and to send them in.

Guys like you, that make big unsubstantiated claims on forums to start the "panic".

All I can tell you is my Mavic, like many others I know, are flying a very responsive, consistent drone.

For those that are having issues, I'm sure like always DJI will get them figured out.

I believe lots of people (including me), have parts and pieces of their stories that get left out in forum's. you see this isn't my first forum... when the P4 came out, same old story... my Drone fell from the sky, I would say, oh wait I mean I hit a tree. Causing momentary panic. So many people wreck their drones, a small percentage is manufacturing defects. But maybe I'm wrong? Maybe we're all getting replacements? Who knows.

So saying things like "I hear DJI is stopping all production until they figure out what is wrong with the drones they sold", is not only incorrect, but it's at best a guess. Unless you're Frank Wang himself? I'll wait for official words.

Reactions: Caballete007
Yes you as the pilot has to be registered. The drone has to be labeled with your FAA#.

I'm not biased.... the GoPro would have been a mistake. Big time. Search YouTube and you'll see video after video of the GoPro failing.

Way back in the day, I applied my AMA # in monokote to the wing. What's the preferred method of putting the FAA# on a Mavic?

Reactions: TapSnap
Luck you. You might actually have yours by then. LOL.

In the mean time buy a baby drone and practice on it. Mine is the Syma X5C.

I was going to suggest the same thing. The Syma X5C is an excellent training drone. Very durable and it will give you a sense of how to fly. When you move to the Mavic, it will be so much easier to fly but you will have the concepts down on a drone with no GPS. This is what I did and I highly recommend it.

So I ordered one from amazon. Was $66 with 2 extra batteries a case and some other extras.

Thanks for all your help.

Also what do you use to put your number on them and where do you put it

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Caballete007
So I ordered one from amazon. Was $66 with 2 extra batteries a case and some other extras.

Thanks for all your help.

Also what do you use to put your number on them and where do you put it

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app
You mean the FAA number? I doubt it's needed for this little guy.

Hmm. Are those threads on DJI's own forum?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61