DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first few Shots with my Mavic 2 Pro

I recently got in Ariel photography after shooting for a few year Paintball/various other sports, I picked up a Drone while I was in Spain over the summer

Mavic 2 Pro Album
Hi Michael.

I hope that you enjoyed your trip in Spain. Most if not all of your pictures are taken from locations where flying drones is absolutely prohibited, as a matter of fact you flew next to the Rota Military base and invaded several CTRs. You are lucky to not have been detected, fines can be as high as 225.000€ in case of severe violations or disruption of air / naval operations.

I recommend you and everyone else interested in visiting Spain to check geo limitations here in DRONES ENAIRE and to check applicable regulation to recreational/non-commercial flights at AESA, the Spanish Flight Authority (equivalent to the FAA) available in Spanish and English.

Fly safe

Hi Michael.

I hope that you enjoyed your trip in Spain. Most if not all of your pictures are taken from locations where flying drones is absolutely prohibited, as a matter of fact you flew next to the Rota Military base and invaded several CTRs. You are lucky to not have been detected, fines can be as high as 225.000€ in case of severe violations or disruption of air / naval operations.

I recommend you and everyone else interested in visiting Spain to check geo limitations here in DRONES ENAIRE and to check applicable regulation to recreational/non-commercial flights at AESA, the Spanish Flight Authority (equivalent to the FAA) available in Spanish and English.

Fly safe

when I used b4ufly/kitty hawk said it was ok to fly, I was actually working on the base, I didn’t get any geo warnings

edit: when I tried using the site in Spain it wasn’t working correctly for me, I actually did encounter a few cops they just looked at me an kept going, I know its not an excuse, not sure if the geo zone didn’t picked up because I didn’t have cell service or what not

Last edited:
when I used b4ufly/kitty hawk said it was ok to fly, I was actually working on the base, I didn’t get any geo warnings

Yes, at least you did check something. FAA's B4UFLY app is only useful on US territory "B4UFLY is the simple, easy-to-understand way for drone operators to check U.S. airspace before taking flight".
As a sidenote the DJI app cannot be trusted in Spain; there are many other restrictions than the few NFZs that show up in the DJI app (airports, prisons, etc).

Just to illustrate. Where you flew, the land and coastline is a LER (no flight of UAVs is allowed). Even if it wasn't then the whole yellow square surrounded by blue is restricted to photographic flight. Even if it wasn't LER and barred from photographic flight then there's the CRT of the military base.

2019-08-21 12_34_16-ENAIRE Drones.png

In Spain the equivalent AESA (FAA) app/website to know then Spanish geo restrictions is DRONES ENAIRE

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky