DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first steps in photography with the mavic 2

EndEffect

Reactions
Hi

i'm new in aerial photography, and i always wanted to have a drone to do some aerial pics
I'm surprised about how good this mavic 2 perform in it and wanted to share with you some pics

have a nice evening !

Attachments

• DJI_0145.jpg
    DJI_0145.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 127
  • DJI_0197.jpg
    DJI_0197.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 125
  • DJI_0204.jpg
    DJI_0204.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 110
  • DJI_0205.jpg
    DJI_0205.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 111
  • PANO0001-6-Panorama-Modifier.jpg
    PANO0001-6-Panorama-Modifier.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 109
Did you use ND filters?

What setting did you use for those pictures?

Did you touch the pictures up before posting or this is straight JPEG out of the drone?

Hi

i'm new in aerial photography, and i always wanted to have a drone to do some aerial pics
I'm surprised about how good this mavic 2 perform in it and wanted to share with you some pics

have a nice evening !

Hey EndEffect

I feel really bad posting this and please tell me to butt out if you disagree.

Firstly these images are really high quality and thank you for posting full resolution as I'm hovering over buying a MP2 and seeing shots like this is great. I have been watching this and the DJI forum for a while as I want to be sure before spend the $3300 New Zealand dollars I need to fork out.

Now some will say I'm pixel peeping but I blow my shots up big and pixel peeping is appreciated when you viewers are looking at larger prints/canvases. Anyway cutting to the chase over on DJI's forum...

Mavic 2 Pro. Anyone else dealing with really soft corners?

There are several users having issues with soft corners and soft areas of the lens on their MP2's. I'm the first to admits lenses will fall off in the corners but when your fall off is uneven or in patches I think there is an issue with the optic. Yes you can argue the optics in a drone aren't going to be the same as a full frame DSLR but you at least want consistency.

In your images and in particular the first diagonal tree shot it really shows up to me that your top left hand corner if not in fact left hand side is not as sharp as your other corners. The trouble with drone images is that it becomes more obvious as from this height depth of field should have minimal effect.

I'm just saying. I see this was taken at f2.8 and this is the most conspicuous f/stop. If I were you I would be taking a similar shot at f5.6 and see if this improves, it doesn't need much but if it was me and I thought I had an overly unsharp corner I would be approaching DJI to replace especially if you are paying good money for "Hasselblad" quality.

Good luck and keep up the great work, I really want to capture images like this too when I get my drone!

Cheers

Did you use ND filters?

What setting did you use for those pictures?

Did you touch the pictures up before posting or this is straight JPEG out of the drone?

Thanks ! these are RAW that i've retouched in lightroom, i've take panoramas and keeped the RAW's to assemble it in Lightroom, i've didnt use any ND, like said before it's more for video than photography, unless you go in high values (like ND 1000) for special effects, or gradient filter to unify the light of the sky and the ground ( it's only IMO i can be wrong but it's my experience)

Wow! These are gorgeous man! Good work! Inspiring. What country are you in?

Switzerland :)

Hey EndEffect

I feel really bad posting this and please tell me to butt out if you disagree.

Firstly these images are really high quality and thank you for posting full resolution as I'm hovering over buying a MP2 and seeing shots like this is great. I have been watching this and the DJI forum for a while as I want to be sure before spend the $3300 New Zealand dollars I need to fork out.

Now some will say I'm pixel peeping but I blow my shots up big and pixel peeping is appreciated when you viewers are looking at larger prints/canvases. Anyway cutting to the chase over on DJI's forum...

Mavic 2 Pro. Anyone else dealing with really soft corners?

There are several users having issues with soft corners and soft areas of the lens on their MP2's. I'm the first to admits lenses will fall off in the corners but when your fall off is uneven or in patches I think there is an issue with the optic. Yes you can argue the optics in a drone aren't going to be the same as a full frame DSLR but you at least want consistency.

In your images and in particular the first diagonal tree shot it really shows up to me that your top left hand corner if not in fact left hand side is not as sharp as your other corners. The trouble with drone images is that it becomes more obvious as from this height depth of field should have minimal effect.

I'm just saying. I see this was taken at f2.8 and this is the most conspicuous f/stop. If I were you I would be taking a similar shot at f5.6 and see if this improves, it doesn't need much but if it was me and I thought I had an overly unsharp corner I would be approaching DJI to replace especially if you are paying good money for "Hasselblad" quality.

Good luck and keep up the great work, I really want to capture images like this too when I get my drone!

Cheers

I understand your feeling, but, you know, since i've seen same problem or worse on lense that cost the same or even twice the price of this drone, i mean, even my nikkor 14-24 on my D810 have some "issues" but if you search perfection anytime you brake on this frustration, yeah it's a drone that cost lot of monney, and we expect the better, and i think they do, but even full frame lenses have a loss of sharpness on the edges, i didnt ignore the problem or something just saying that if you want you will always find something that are wrong, and in my opinion this drone do great for the price, the problem can be reduced if you do panorama because you improve the quality by assembling pictures together.

Love your images EndEffect. I am considering buying a drone for aerial photography and your sunset and forest panoramas are encouraging me to take the plunge. Great work.

Hi

have a nice evening !
Beg to differ........ you look like an old Pro

Love your images EndEffect. I am considering buying a drone for aerial photography and your sunset and forest panoramas are encouraging me to take the plunge. Great work.

Thank you, glad i've helped you in your choice !

Both those panos are SUPERB, dude and it must be my old eyes as I don't see "soft corners" here or on any of my stills.

KB

Thanks, after checking the post about the problem, it seems to be on some mavic worse than others, but i think it's normal to loose sharpness on edges.

Beg to differ........ you look like an old Pro

i'm not english native i'm sorry i think i've not understand what you mean

Thank you, glad i've helped you in your choice !

Thanks, after checking the post about the problem, it seems to be on some mavic worse than others, but i think it's normal to loose sharpness on edges.

i'm not english native i'm sorry i think i've not understand what you mean
Being an “old pro” means you Are very good at your photography...... GOOD JOB

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kon_boz