DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My First Work

redserv

Reactions
hello guys I am the proud owner of the Dji Mavic Platinum. I went over to our "sister island" and got some footage I will like to get feedback on. This is my first edits, please leave constructive feedback. Thanks

Leave a Like or Dislike and Subscribe

nice smooth flying and transitions, great footage, your vid is about 45seconds of black empty though but wow nice footage and great job

Reactions: Underdog1964
Nice footage and gorgeous location. Perhaps a bit more post processing to bring out extra details, especially in the water?

Reactions: Former Member
Nice footage and gorgeous location. Perhaps a bit more post processing to bring out extra details, especially in the water?
any advice on how I get the those extra details to show up I the water? I am really new to this, thanks in advance.

Very nice!
any advice on how I get the those extra details to show up I the water?
To get better detail in the water get a Circular Polarizing Filter (CPL) It will cut any glare on the water. I recommend THIS ONE

Very nice!

To get better detail in the water get a Circular Polarizing Filter (CPL) It will cut any glare on the water. I recommend THIS ONE
I am using the Polar Pro Cinema Series 6 pack. I was using ND32. Do you think using the polarized ones would have helped?

any advice on how I get the those extra details to show up I the water? I am really new to this, thanks in advance.

I'm kinda new to this and learning my way too, so don't take any of my advice as gospel...

I've found the Icarus LUT's ($18 I think) to be really good as a quick way to color D-LOG footage.

As a quick example I've applied one to half your video - you'd probably want to tweak the settings a lot more but it gives you an idea.

Reactions: mavic53
I'm kinda new to this and learning my way too, so don't take any of my advice as gospel...

I've found the Icarus LUT's ($18 I think) to be really good as a quick way to color D-LOG footage.

As a quick example I've applied one to half your video - you'd probably want to tweak the settings a lot more but it gives you an idea.

hey thanks for the advice, I will start looking into this. thanks for the edit :)

I am using the Polar Pro Cinema Series 6 pack. I was using ND32. Do you think using the polarized ones would have helped?
Yes, Polar Pro has a combined ND / CPL filter set HERE

Nice job. Very smooth.

Please let us know what your camera settings were and what editing software you are using.

Thanks,
Brad

Malcx, what editing software are you using and how do you split the screen?

Thanks.
Brad

Malcx, what editing software are you using and how do you split the screen?

Thanks.
Brad
I use Adobe Premier.
Then I duplicate the video on two separate layers, apply the LUT/effects to just one layer.
Transform -> Crop the top layer at 50% width (which reveals the layer below)

Thanks, which version? The Pro CC cost >$500. Is there a free version? Not cloud based? What was your learning curve like?

I'm just getting started with trying to take my MavicPP footage and make clips/movies with special effects/sound... I really need to get better with the camera/flying...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brad

Thanks, which version? The Pro CC cost >$500. Is there a free version? Not cloud based? What was your learning curve like?

I'm just getting started with trying to take my MavicPP footage and make clips/movies with special effects/sound... I really need to get better with the camera/flying...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brad

I have the full Adobe Suite subscription (I need it for my work).
If you can find a student to sign up for you then it's only ~$20 a month I think (£16)

The learning curve is pretty steep but it's very powerful once you find your way around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS