DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

my gimbal moves for a while and stops!didnt crash my mavic even once.help needed

vamsi209

Reactions
so my mavic pro's gimbal gave up on me,i am from a country where i cant get my mavic serviced, my friend got me this mavic from usa, the problem was the gimbal stopped working, what it does is gets calibrated and stops at a corner and doesnt respond,
first i thought it was a flex cable issue, got the replacement from aliexpress,tried replacing it and check if it was working, and then it didnt, got a replacement gimbal, it too didnt fix the problem,and finally got a replacement gimbal control board from australia and that too gave up on me, you can see the video of my gimbal below
after replacing the control board and the gimbal

what help i want from you people is some clarification on these following questions.

what are the components to be replaced in order for my mavics gimbal to come back to life?
should i replace both the gimbal and the control board?
if i replace the control board + gimbal will that be enough?
where can i buy them, any trust worthy places or sellers from US or AUSTRALIA?
does the gimbal control board control the gimbal completely or is there any malfunction from the main motherboard too?

P.S sending it back to us wasnt an option previously and my countries customs started ceasing drones rigorously!!
i was left with a drone under warranty but was not in a position to send it back to US to claim it, and now i am struck, your help regarding this matter will be appreciated. thanks and regards

What country are you in?

Based on your video, your pitch motor is not acting properly, This could be caused by a bad ribbon cable, or a damaged gimbal motor assembly. My guess is the cable.

Are your gimbal plate tabs under the lip of the front of the drone? Cant tell from the video.

what are the components to be replaced in order for my mavics gimbal to come back to life?

Gimbal ribbon cable, gimbal motor assembly, gimbal PCB for starters

should i replace both the gimbal and the control board?

Take pictures of your gimbal and post them here. Control board is not usually the problem unless you broke one of the connectors during disassembly.

if i replace the control board + gimbal will that be enough?

See above answer.

where can i buy them, any trust worthy places or sellers from US or AUSTRALIA?

I sell everything for Mavics and they are guaranteed to work. Aliexpress is good and cheap but non DJI parts are a crapshoot and will waste your time.

does the gimbal control board control the gimbal completely or is there any malfunction from the main motherboard too?

The core board processes video, and there are connectors on the core board to the gimbal PCB that will cause gimbal problems if they are damaged or unplugged.

Reactions: Irish-apple
What country are you in?

Based on your video, your pitch motor is not acting properly, This could be caused by a bad ribbon cable, or a damaged gimbal motor assembly. My guess is the cable.

Are your gimbal plate tabs under the lip of the front of the drone? Cant tell from the video.

Take pictures of your gimbal and post them here. Control board is not usually the problem unless you broke one of the connectors during disassembly.

See above answer.

I sell everything for Mavics and they are guaranteed to work. Aliexpress is good and cheap but non DJI parts are a crapshoot and will waste your time.

The core board processes video, and there are connectors on the core board to the gimbal PCB that will cause gimbal problems if they are damaged or unplugged.
mans a legend

Reactions: Former Member
What country are you in?

See above answer.

Thank you so much thunder drones, for the reply, i am from india, how can i be sure that the drones main board isnt malfunctioning in my case? the thing is mate, the drones video feed is good, the gimbal just doesnt start its stabilisation and it stops after trying to move, and i have the original gimbal assembly and the one i got from aliexpress, the motor seems to heat up, it gets very hot,
so can you suggest me what all components i have to replace for this to come back to life, if you are willing to sell me the replacements, how much will it cost me?

can you ship it to india?

and one final clarification i need is mate, if the main motherboard does malfunction, does that cause the gimbal stabilisation to stop working completely like that being happening in my drones case?
or if i replace the gimbal camera and or the gimbal circuit board will it solve the issue of gimbal stabilisation?

if you cant ship to india, i can buy the required components to one of my friends address in california. if that is easier for you

one last question, if one of the gimbal motor doesnt work, why does the whole gimbal stop the stabilization and becomes unresponsive?

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "vamsi209, publicación: 503595, miembro: 48990"]
así que el cardán de mi mavic pro se rindió conmigo, soy de un país donde no puedo reparar mi mavic, mi amigo me compró este mavic de EE. UU., el problema fue que el cardán dejó de funcionar, lo que hace es calibrarse y se detiene en un esquina y no responde,
Primero pensé que era un problema de cable flexible, obtuve el reemplazo de aliexpress, intenté reemplazarlo y verifiqué si estaba funcionando, y luego no, obtuve un cardán de reemplazo, tampoco solucionó el problema y finalmente obtuve un control de cardán de reemplazo tablero de australia y eso también me abandonó, puedes ver el video de mi cardán a continuación
después de reemplazar el tablero de control y el cardán
[MEDIA = youtube] AvJZTJZBhGM [/ MEDIA]

La ayuda que quiero de ustedes es una aclaración sobre las siguientes preguntas.

¿Cuáles son los componentes que deben reemplazarse para que mi cardán mavics vuelva a la vida?
¿Debo reemplazar tanto el cardán como el tablero de control?
Si reemplazo la placa de control + cardán, ¿será suficiente?
¿Dónde puedo comprarlos, lugares dignos de confianza o vendedores de EE. UU. o AUSTRALIA?
¿La placa de control del cardán controla el cardán por completo o también hay algún mal funcionamiento de la placa base principal?

PD: enviárnoslo de vuelta no era una opción anteriormente y las aduanas de mi país comenzaron a detener los drones rigurosamente
Me quedé con un dron en garantía, pero no estaba en condiciones de enviarlo de regreso a EE. UU. para reclamarlo, y ahora estoy sorprendido, su ayuda con respecto a este asunto será apreciada. gracias y saludos
[/CITAR]
Friend,i want to see this video.but said is private .I have the same problem change 2 gimbals with there flex and two flex alone and i change all and nothing, i change the estabilizer board too.i want to know if my main motor board its the problem because only left change that too.if you read this you can answer if you or how fix you problem? thanx.

[QUOTE = "vamsi209, publicación: 503595, miembro: 48990"]
así que el cardán de mi mavic pro se rindió conmigo, soy de un país donde no puedo reparar mi mavic, mi amigo me compró este mavic de EE. UU., el problema fue que el cardán dejó de funcionar, lo que hace es calibrarse y se detiene en un esquina y no responde,
Primero pensé que era un problema de cable flexible, obtuve el reemplazo de aliexpress, intenté reemplazarlo y verifiqué si estaba funcionando, y luego no, obtuve un cardán de reemplazo, tampoco solucionó el problema y finalmente obtuve un control de cardán de reemplazo tablero de australia y eso también me abandonó, puedes ver el video de mi cardán a continuación
después de reemplazar el tablero de control y el cardán
[MEDIA = youtube] AvJZTJZBhGM [/ MEDIA]

La ayuda que quiero de ustedes es una aclaración sobre las siguientes preguntas.

¿Cuáles son los componentes que deben reemplazarse para que mi cardán mavics vuelva a la vida?
¿Debo reemplazar tanto el cardán como el tablero de control?
Si reemplazo la placa de control + cardán, ¿será suficiente?
¿Dónde puedo comprarlos, lugares dignos de confianza o vendedores de EE. UU. o AUSTRALIA?
¿La placa de control del cardán controla el cardán por completo o también hay algún mal funcionamiento de la placa base principal?

PD: enviárnoslo de vuelta no era una opción anteriormente y las aduanas de mi país comenzaron a detener los drones rigurosamente
Me quedé con un dron en garantía, pero no estaba en condiciones de enviarlo de regreso a EE. UU. para reclamarlo, y ahora estoy sorprendido, su ayuda con respecto a este asunto será apreciada. gracias y saludos
[/CITAR]
Friend,i want to see this video.but said is private .I have the same problem change 2 gimbals with there flex and two flex alone and i change all and nothing, i change the estabilizer board too.i want to know if my main motor board its the problem because only left change that too.if you read this you can answer if you or how fix you problem? thanx.
Please notice that your post is the first in more than two years.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143