DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 My home village through the ages

Coconut Island Drones

Reactions
Ok so once again a departure from my normal style of video. Finally settled on this which turned out to be the 6th edit. A million miles away from the original edit. I gave it a slight 'Back to the future' edge and it mixes recent drone footage with 'old look filters' along with old pictures of the village from around 1900 up to the present day. I was actually a bit nervous about putting this one out there. Thankfully it's had a good reception on the local facebook groups. All opinions very welcome as I do listen to and heed any advice given.

I gave it a slight 'Back to the future' edge and it mixes recent drone footage with 'old look filters' along with old pictures of the village from around 1900 up to the present day.
What a Wonderful and Powerful Video. Here in the States, with a bit of narration, it would be on our Public Broadcasting Stations as a documentary… You might want to consider submitting it to your local TV Stations…

I agree wholeheartedly. It is an excellent video and given me ideas on similar methods to use . I hope you don't mind me pinching your idea and try some editing along the same lines. Again, very well done!!!
Well thanks very much. I'm actually quite chuffed at that and if I've given you some ideas then all the better. Thumbswayup :)

Reactions: LoudThunder
Ok so once again a departure from my normal style of video. Finally settled on this which turned out to be the 6th edit. A million miles away from the original edit. I gave it a slight 'Back to the future' edge and it mixes recent drone footage with 'old look filters' along with old pictures of the village from around 1900 up to the present day. I was actually a bit nervous about putting this one out there. Thankfully it's had a good reception on the local facebook groups. All opinions very welcome as I do listen to and heed any advice given.

Well done! You did a great job in giving the film that "old" look, with the static lines, glitchy lines, sepia coloring, and selective coloring (green fields, black and white buildings). I am not sure my editing program can do any of that (Premiere Pro). The circle transition was particularly reminiscent of the old news reels. What editing software did you use?

Great job (I already said that).

Dale
Miami

Great job, and very interesting.

Well done! You did a great job in giving the film that "old" look, with the static lines, glitchy lines, sepia coloring, and selective coloring (green fields, black and white buildings). I am not sure my editing program can do any of that (Premiere Pro). The circle transition was particularly reminiscent of the old news reels. What editing software did you use?

Great job (I already said that).

Dale
Miami
Thank you very much. I use Movavi 2020. It caters for all my needs and is very easy to use.

Brilliant!

Fantastic video! Very well put together.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne