DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic 2 will not work with Goggles RE, am I the only one?

My Mavic 2 looses connection with the goggles and the remote at about 1000 feet away. Everything is fine with the goggles off. I have been told that DJI is aware of the issue and is working on it, but, it seems like I'm the only one with this problem. Anyone else?

All firmware is up to date on everything, etc.

@Glenn Goodlett

I'm having the same issue. Picture quality is fantastic until it looses connection. I can still fly it, but image is lost on the goggles and the remote for a few seconds.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Be thankful that you have any connectivity.. I have the previous version and they don't even connect yet.. (though I did go through an hour of hoop jumping with DJI support this morning to see if I had missed something)..

Yes. The Mavic 2 is compatible with DJI Goggles (firmware version 01.04.0500 or above) and DJI Goggles RE (firmware version 01.00.0600 or above). Please first activate DJI Goggles or DJI Goggles RE and update their firmware to the latest one on your computer using DJI Assistant 2. Power on DJI Goggles or DJI Goggles RE, choose Linking in Settings, then choose Mavic 2. Press the link button on the Mavic 2 and wait for a few seconds to connect DJI Goggles or DJI Goggles RE to the aircraft. DJI Goggles only support the 2.4 GHz signal frequency, while DJI Goggles RE support 2.4/5.8GHz dual signal frequency for more powerful performance.
* To download the version of DJI Assistant 2 that is compatible with DJI Goggles RE, please visit DJI Goggles Racing Edition – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI.
* To download the version of DJI Assistant 2 that is compatible with DJI Goggles RE, please visit: DJI Goggles – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI.

To further muddy the waters... I bought a pair of used DJI Goggles (not RE) and could not get them to activate via DJI Assistant 2. I received the following response on this from DJI support: "DJI Goggles is still not compatible to Mavic 2, while DJI Goggles RE is now compatible with Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom with the latest firmware update."

So... are the non-RE goggles compatible with MP2 or not? If so, how do I activate them and update the firmware? Sorry, didn't mean to highjack the thread...

You need to go the goggles page at dji.com and download the Assistant 2 from there. It has the latest firmware. Then download Assistant 2 for Mavic from the Mavic page for updates to the Mavic. So, you need two different versions of Assistant 2.

Took me a while to figure this out.

Reactions: Terpinol
I haven't tried my newly ordered RE Goggles yet and have what is probably a stupid question...

Do these goggles connect to the remote or to the Mavic 2?

The reason this matters to me is that I just ordered the Raptor XR antenna directly from Poland because of the connectivity warnings on the remote I received on my first day.

In other words, I'm wondering if this antenna will fix the connectivity issues people are talking about with these goggles, which would most likely be the case if they communicate via the remote. (As I'm guessing they do...)

I'm not saying I understand what's going on, but, it works better. I can get out to over a mile with the goggles RE now. Without an antenna I only get 1000 feet.

But still glitchy at any range.

I don’t have my M2P yet but I do have the RE goggles already. Are you sure you are connecting to the aircraft via Occusync and not WiFi? Connecting via Wi-Fi could explain what you are experiencing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem