DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic fell from the sky.

Video Danny Vc Llew . A bird does fly through the shot. the sound on the mic has birds flying away and some kind of noise before and after, and interestingly at the same time as a jolt on the screen. To make things more unclear out devices on the ground has GPS issues.

It has to have had nearly 100 successful flights since new in May, I don't keep all my logs but it will in the future.
Very similar to my experience but I managed to get it back, your gimbal reacted the same way my one did since the latest FW update

View media item 1231
View media item 1230
My mavic fell because esc board was burnt. I was flying on sea. It spent 5 hours in water before I got it out. I've seen another one with burnt esc board, is this common problem? Mavic was about 2 days old. DJI GO says Motor 4 error, which is caused by that chip.

Did you find your drone in the end?

Nope, the farmer has since harvested the long grass for the winter feed and not been in touch to say he found it.

That leaves the fracking company, the farmer, and the beast of Bolton as the likely suspects. I'm unsure how it would/could be anyone else.

A new mavic has been drafted into the airforce, this one has a tracker and insurance. It's doing between 15 & 30k's a day and so far has been good as gold. They can really handle the wind in sport mode! I would like to find something like the online data analyzers to find out just what wind-speeds it has been put through but offline, I really don't want my data "out there."

Suffice to say the highest wind we have dared fly in would make him drift in GPS mode, but happy to lean in and make headway in sports. The weather forecast was showing 20mph but conditions both locally, and in the air, would have been different.

We had to get a new phone as the Galaxy 4s refused to connect after 4 months of an app crash riddled time, and even an Iphone 5s (which is compatible according to the website (but you got to really look for that list)) which was working fine for three days and then crashed to the point I updated EVERYTHING and it still wouldn't hold the connection. I reinstalled Go4 and since it has been fine, though slowing down a little every now and then.

Why can they not make an app that works on a majority of phones not just a select few, for those like myself that don't care about fixed wing mode or active track and just want a good old FPV monitor with battery notification and a simple map. It worked fine for months on the SGS4 which has a bigger screen that the crappy i5s.

When the App behaves the Mavic is a dream to use, and it has made my job so much easier. Quiet, compact and lightweight but with enough power to handle big wind. I would love to see a race between a P4 and MP in high winds, I still reckon the P4 would win though.

The one thing that has p'd me off is the "platinum" and it's quiet props. I like quiet as it has less chance to annoy anyone, why can the pro not use these props as well?

I bought an iPhone 6 because my android tablet wouldn't run dji go after recent updates only to find it would only connect to the drone for a second at a time that turned out to be the cable. The iPhones appear really fussy on the cables!
Shame you never found anything I'm not sure why it doesn't have some form of tracker built in even just beeping the motors would help alot of cheep esc do that when you turn off the transmitter.

Reactions: lion

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15