DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic flew off today in the NV wilderness

I thought I read they cover water too. So you have to retrieve it from the bottom of the lake and sent it in?

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Yessir. If you want to be covered in case of flyaway or trips to the bottom of a lake, you'll need to go with a personal article policy such as the one State Farm offers in many states.

Hey folks, I just returned to Reno from a successful drone rescue mission. The drone is smashed, and the camera and a leg were removed from the body. The card is still good, tho, and I just watched the video of the incident. It looks like after I hit the return to home button, the drone starts flying back, but the camera turns to a 90-degree angle and is fixed on the distant sunset. So the drone's return to home was being done sideways because it wanted to watch the pretty sunrise. I'm uploading the whole video of the almost five minute flight to YouTube, so you can take a look.

Tomorrow, I'm going to call DJI to try to call in on my Mavic Care plan now that I have found the remains.

Congrats man!! The mavic looked lost and kept changing course but then it found it's way, the sun!!

Looks like obstacle avoidance kicking in, but instead of increasing height it tried to maneuver horizontally. It is interesting that it flew sideways at the end though, can't explain that.

Last edited:
That's absolutely brilliant! Glad you found it my friend and hopefully you'll have a new one sent within a couple of weeks! What an epic adventure! I think we'd all love to hear how you finally found it when you get a chance. Congrats again!

Hey folks, I just returned to Reno from a successful drone rescue mission.

Woah, I never thought you'd find it. I cringed as it went back towards the bluff. That looks like some serious rock climbing to get up there. And even then the odds of finding it after all this time in all those cliffs and overhangs. But going back to all the experts who analyzed your logs, it was in the place they thought right?

Thanks for coming back to close this out and bring the bird home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98