DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic is gone, what's next?

What's my next step?

• Total voters
I went to the other side of the ridge for some reconnaissance. It was a **** of an odyssey to get there including a 10 mile 4WD (low-range) drive to a good launch point, a 2 mile distant reconnaissance with my new drone, a "friendly" ride with the mining company security vehicle to the crash site and a pretty sketchy 30 minute hike off the side of a cliff.

Adventure! Often a good thing. If not now, it will be someday down the road to look back on.

Sorry about the Mavic. I had to do something similar with my 3DR Solo.

Enjoy the new one, forget the past.

I'm assuming a new mavic can't be bought alone just the drone itself ?
You get a new controller ?

If so, maybe do the atti mode hack on the original spare controller ?
Practice the speaker partial mute mod to , the annoying warning beep ?

Actually, they sell the Mavic Pro & 1 battery with no remote or charger for $759.
I just ordered one as I was in the same situation.
Several other venders carry them.

Buy Mavic Pro Aircraft (Excludes Remote Controller and Battery Charger)

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Now, that I'm droneless with a recent Mavic flyaway...I am at a crossroads. I own four batteries, the controller and some DJI Goggles. What should I do?

My flyaway post: Mystery flyaway: What happened?
Is an unfortunate. Can you share what causes the mavic to fly away. What firmware do you use on RC and the Drone that cause the Drone not RTH.

sorry to hear that.

Rdgs/Robin

Now, that I'm droneless with a recent Mavic flyaway...I am at a crossroads. I own four batteries, the controller and some DJI Goggles. What should I do?

I have lost 2 Mavic Pros because RTH failed. DJI ignores my request for reasons. The first was covered by insurance (an absolute must for drone owners!) the second is being replaced by DJI under warranty. To me, the issue is the failure of RTH and has it been resolved. As I said, DJI will not provide an answer. Each time I fly my Mavic and activate RTH I have my fingers crossed. As far as I know, DJI is the premier drone maker so options are even more risky going with a different manufacturer. As another post suggests, buy the Mavic Pro for $750.

Reactions: adramelech52
I have lost 2 Mavic Pros because RTH failed. DJI ignores my request for reasons. The first was covered by insurance (an absolute must for drone owners!) the second is being replaced by DJI under warranty. To me, the issue is the failure of RTH and has it been resolved. As I said, DJI will not provide an answer. Each time I fly my Mavic and activate RTH I have my fingers crossed. As far as I know, DJI is the premier drone maker so options are even more risky going with a different manufacturer. As another post suggests, buy the Mavic Pro for $750.

To be fair, pretty much everyone blames DJI RTH failure for losing a drone but without supplying log files its impossible for anyone to tell if it was really a RTH failure or operator error (or operator not understanding how the RTH system works).

Reactions: Robinlim57
Actually, you gave AWESOME advice...which I followed...and I found it!! I went to the other side of the ridge for some reconnaissance. It was a **** of an odyssey to get there including a 10 mile 4WD (low-range) drive to a good launch point, a 2 mile distant reconnaissance with my new drone, a "friendly" ride with the mining company security vehicle to the crash site and a pretty sketchy 30 minute hike off the side of a cliff.

The drone is in shambles. The camera lens is shattered, the top/front is dented pretty good and all the props are clipped. Otherwise, it looks OK. Trying to decide if it's fixable.

Just sell it on eBay as "slightly used" ;)

I would Hold for a Bit.
Mavic pro prices are going to Fall hard (no pun intended) in a short time
look for price target around $500 after the first of the yr
If you can't wait that long roll the dice Pick up a used mavic only From Thunderdrone $700
....C

Talk to DJI or the other service company (I can’t remember their names). You may have to pay a small fee to get an estimate.

Thunder drone is the company I was talking about
Good luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada