DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro 2: (PetitFrereArmada): Modification/Adventures and Pictures

Nice, your hooked..now pretty soon we are going have to take a test to get a drone licence....well maybe...

Reactions: wsteele
I was interested in strobe lights but the ones I saw came out to $90 buying 2 strobes with 2 mounts for the strobes. Well, I did not want to do that. I looked for alternatives and saw these for $10. I ordered from China and I think 3 weeks later here it is.

Well, I don't know how i feel flying with these lights but will try these on someday. I wonder if anybody here bought these same ones and have flown with them. Would love to hear from anybody who has maybe flown with these on.

IoqsYHV.jpg

nBGtP10.jpg

jjAR450.jpg

NaBUsOh.jpg

I visited Enchanted Rock in the Hill Country this weekend and took some pics. I touched this one a little bit.
OHceVRK.jpg

Saw this online and thought it may be helpful for a novice like me to help get some good settings for hopefully some better pictures and better videos. I will probably print it out and stoee in my drone case so I have it as a cheat sheet with me at all times that i have my drone with me. I can often refer too for tips until I get better.

kWJrGXE.jpg

Nice shot E...you are definitely making progress. Did you get some PC/Mac editing software yet or are you still editing on your mobile?

Nice shot E...you are definitely making progress. Did you get some PC/Mac editing software yet or are you still editing on your mobile?

Thanks. I did edit that on my phone. My Samsung S8+ does have a pretty decent editing software. If I just knew how to use it well.

Next weekend, I am taking a weekend road trip to SA and to the Hill Country and hope to take some better pictures then and post some worth sharing to see what people think. To know what I need to work on to make my pictures better.

PolarPro just sent me tracking number today, but filters have not shipped. I hope I get them before I leave on the short weekend trip in 9 days.

As for photo editing software for my laptop, since I do not currently plan to buy any, I just googled for free ones and this is the list I came up with. I will definitely download the first one and try it out. It is called Gimp. I don't know how many people on here are already using it.

kiCq5jT.jpg

I just realize I may be needing more batteries so I may be ordering 1 more battery from DJI and possibly ordering a whole new storage case from China with space to store 3 batteries. I think 3 batteries would be enough for me. Now this drone has officially crossed the $2,000 mark! I can't believe this drone is not no $1,500. I feel like this drone actually starts off at $2,000 by the time you have bought all you need to get the most out of your drone.

Last edited:
My Samsung S8+ does have a pretty decent editing software.

E: Do yourself a huge favor and start spending time editing with Gimp or whatever freeware editor you choose. These are not low-rez videos and stills from a Tello and you simply cannot edit either video or stills accurately on a smartphone. Trust me, you'll be glad you switched.

KB

E: Do yourself a huge favor and start spending time editing with Gimp or whatever freeware editor you choose. These are not low-rez videos and stills from a Tello and you simply cannot edit either video or stills accurately on a smartphone. Trust me, you'll be glad you switched.

KB

Good tip. I just need to make time since I have a demanding job and very few time to fly even to take pictures, let alone time to upload them and try to edit them on my laptop. My phone is more accessible and I can play with the app while on down time at work. But since I bought the M2P because I would like better pictures and videos, I will have to start playing with GIMP on my laptop to see.

Lol, is there no free Photoshop out there? I will have to check youtube to see if there are some videos on how to get it for free.

Today I decided to order 1 more battery from DJI and a new carrying case from a USA seller on ebay that will hold 3 batteries. Here is a pic from the ebay listing.
7QpJHee.jpg

On another note, PolarPro sent me tracking yesterday and today it shows that I will receive my ND filters tomorrow. So they shipped it 2 days shipping. That is amazing what these filter companies are doing for thier customers. I hope they are making enough money to pay themselves and make the profits to be sustainable.

Shout out to PolarPro and I am looking forward to receiving my filters tomorrow and will post pictures when I get them.

I will have to check youtube to see if there are some videos on how to get it for free.

<smiling>

Years ago that might have been possible if you were willing to pirate the software. But today, Adobe has figured things out and with their subscription service, there’s no way that I know of to get it any other way.

That said, Photoshop, while it does have some video capabilities, isn’t the app for editing video. Photoshop Elements which is around 100 bucks, will do you just fine for stills but for video you’ll need to look elsewhere. I know there are some shareware video editing apps available but since I’m on the Adobe tit, I’m using Premiere Pro along with the other apps in the Creative Cloud suite. For Mac folks, it is Final Cut Pro.

I know what Iam gettimg for Christmas this year; nothing. I think I have had enough toys already to keep me busy on my free time that is so limited because of s busy work schedule.

I just got my GoPro Hero 7 Black today amd also received my 4 customized filters from PolarPro. The problem here is the filters look so good and so well packaged in multiple packages that I feel I need to kust keep them on my bookshelf for decostaion instead of using them. They look so good. And each piece is in a 3 piece box and then they sent a case that can carry all 4 filters at same time. Amd then each piece has its own micro fiber towel. I mean, this is some packaging. 10/10 for that one.

Shout out @PolarPro for shipping my filters with a 2 day priority service. I appreciate it a lot.

Now i have my PolarPro filters, my gopro 7 black and my M2P. I am all set for adventures now.

SHKDaIc.jpg

PR680w0.jpg

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Lookin’ good, E!

Thanks KB. Now I just need time to be able to go out and make use of all these toys. I have such limited time to play. Well, we will make some time when one can. Til then, let these toys just be collecting dust. But would try to make time to get them out often.

So many cases. A total of 5 different cases for the filters. But they sent a case that fits 6 filters. Too bad I have only 4 filters. Plus the tool that they provide that we use to take off the dji uv filter unfortunately does not fit in any case. Would have been cool if it did because one can easily lose it now that it is on its own and does not have a case to fit in. But this is just remarkable.

Now I have 4 cases that would just be collecting dust. I have no use for since the case that carries all 6 is just fine and i will not have any reason to carry only a case that fits 3 filters. So, all 4 cases are just wasting. Maybe I should give it away for free if someone may need it. I will think about that.

uBMExCy.jpg

Er85al9.jpg

RnXjobn.jpg

LN5rtLV.jpg

Last edited:
Got my new bag which carries 3 batteries. I get my third battery on Monday. This bag is slightly bigger than my other case which takes 2 batteries. I prefer this since I now have 3 batteries. I need to sell the first case I bought which takes only 2 batteries. Unfortunately, I cannot sell that case on here since shipping will cost more, but I am willing to sell it locally for $20. I bought it for $27.99.
KuPzxbl.jpg

emFf0wy.jpg

VeD0lEP.jpg

Finally got my third battery. I thought now that my set looks decent and complete I would go fly today and try using one or more ND filters. Then the heavens opened and it has been raining nonstop. So, all my flights have been cancelled for the day. I really need some comparative pictures of these nd filters.

NZoIFf3.jpg

jbo1ah7.jpg

6cxsXlk.jpg

I took a trip today for the weekend in the Hill Country. Along the way, I stopped and visited the painted churches and took some pictures.

I used my CP filter from PolarPro. It looked the best among all the filters I have, after I tried each of them. I diled the polarising filter but, I could not see any change. So, I just left it as is and took my pictures. Oh well, I liked it the way it is and the gimbal fits with the filter on. This may be my goto filter. I took 2 pictures with the dji oem filter and swapped it for the CO and used it all day and now the drone is stored up for the night with the CP filter still on and gimbal cover on. Good job, PolarPro.

Here are some pictures I took with it today.

XFsazC0.jpg

WHseMbP.jpg

Lake Canyon boatramp #6. Trying to sink my suv, lol. I made sure to put it in 4wd (4Lo) to get out as my tires slipped a bit when I wanted to get out after backing up too far into the water.
FNp7YyP.jpg

bJvLSSS.jpg

MPQgt1z.jpg

fqVCUnd.jpg

udsiRzP.jpg

cLoVxAv.jpg

Last edited:
E: GREAT shots. I haven't had a chance to try a PP CPL yet thanks to the weather and my three PP Gradient filters came yesterday so I have to test those out as well. But I'm surprised that the CPL you had on your Mavic didn't make itself known in the photos. When you said that you dialed it in, did you have the white mark at the top? I think when I test out my CPL's I will have the drone on a table so that I can twist the filter frame and watch the result in Go4. That way, I can get it set to a general position for flying.

Keep 'em coming, dude!

KB

E: GREAT shots. I haven't had a chance to try a PP CPL yet thanks to the weather and my three PP Gradient filters came yesterday so I have to test those out as well. But I'm surprised that the CPL you had on your Mavic didn't make itself known in the photos. When you said that you dialed it in, did you have the white mark at the top? I think when I test out my CPL's I will have the drone on a table so that I can twist the filter frame and watch the result in Go4. That way, I can get it set to a general position for flying.

Keep 'em coming, dude!

KB

Thanks. Would love to hear from you how the gradient filters are faring.

Yes, I flew with my CPL all the time with the white dial at the 12 O'clock position. I tried moving the white dial to 3, 6, 9 and back to 12 O'clock position and dis not notice any difference. I guess maybe because the weather was too dull. So, I flew and took all my shots with my CPL in that position.

Next time, I would try to dial it while I have it on the table as you say.

All these pictures were with my CPL filter from PP. With a little processing from the photo software on my phone. Not the best of pictures, but I am learning.
KhAlYfY.jpg

nsE1IMk.jpg

F90EQhG.jpg

JLsqne7.jpg

And this last shot was with my dji uv original filter. I put it after I qas having trouble updating my firmware with the PP filter on. Swapped it back for dji uv kense and I think my download was complete. Then I had to calibrate compass. Then I took to the air to fly.

Then I was flying and all of a sudden this other drone appeared from nowhere and started stalking me and checking me out. I turned and took some pictures of it and I was like, I wonder if these drones have some little bogey traps. I would have camptured that other drone for following me around. I did not see the pilot, but he came pretty close to me. I went higher, he followed. I went lower, he followed. I just called it a day and brought my drone home. What do you do if another pilot is flying and his drone is so close to you and you cannot physically see him to tell him to please stay away at a safe distance from you?
bXgtlPO.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99