DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro 2: (PetitFrereArmada): Modification/Adventures and Pictures

PetitFrereArmada

Reactions
I have been a lurker on here for some time until a few days ago that I decided to sign up mainly because I had so many questions to get help choosing ND filters.

I like to create a thread dedicated to my drone just like I have threads dedicated to my cars to keep great details on what modifications I do on my drone, share adventurew stories and even pictures with the community. Share the basic knowledge I have and learna lot from others on here.

A drone is nothing like a car that one makes modifications to much, so this will be more about adventure stories and sharing pictures.

Well, today FedEx just missed me since I am still at work and I could not get my drone. So, I may get it on Monday.

Little back story.

I have always loved drones but never could make up my mind to buy an expensive drone. Then the Mavic Pro got on sale for I think $800.00. I paid for it and said I do not think I will spend that much again on a drone.

Well, then I got all the info about the new drones coming out and I decided I would like to trade this one in for a new one. What I consider trade in is sell my current one and I buy a newer one. So, I sold my Mavic Pro like 3 weeks before Mavic 2 was launched. I sold mine at a give away price too. Sold on craigslist the next day for $650, after 1 year of ownership. And it was a good deal as I had bought 2 extra batteries, it had a nice case and came with all accessories and box. I never throw away my original box. I save it somewhere as it helps the value when selling. Same thing I did for my gopro 6. Sold it after a year with all accessories and box. getting ready to order the gopro hero 7. Same thing I will do when I get my M2Pro. I will save the box in pristine condition somewhere, as soon as I get my carrying case from China.

I had great adventure with my Mavic Pro on my road trip this year and took some greta pictures, but I realized those pictures could have been better, so I want better pictures this time.

When the Mavic 2 series was launched, I was all over the Mavic 2 Zoom mainly because of the dolly effect and the zoom. And the price of $1,249.00, that I thought was very expensive. I figured I would get over the zoom and dolly thing pretty quick. During this time, I almost bought the Mavic 2 Zoom like 3 times. Then I realized I really wish to have better pictures this time. Hence i decided to go for the M2Pro, but at $1,499, I thought this thing is pretty expensive. I just imagine how many people are actually financing this drone and I thought this drone is truly expensive.

I am hoping to get out more with this drone and take some better pictures when I do take my short or long road trips. Will be sharing pics when I get and unbox my M2Pro.

I wanted to give my M2Pro a name, but could not settle on anything great, so I will call it PetitFrereArmada for now, which actually refers to my suv.

Things I have ordered for it already:

(1) 1 extra DJI battery. I bought just a day before the price hike. Wish I had know, I would have ordered 2.
M2pro extra batery $139.00
(2) ND filters from PolarPro. I ordered ND16, ND16/PL, ND32/PL and CP.
PolarPro Custom 4-Pack | Cinema Series | Mavic 2...
(3) 2 sets of new quiet propellers all coming from China
(4) Black carrying case coming from China
(5) Dual LED Front Light Headlamp for Night Fly coming from China

Things I still plan to get for it, though I may not get all on the list because of cost but some of them are a must like the insurance;

(1) DJI Refresh policy
M2Pro dji refresh $139.00
(2) State Farm $50 insurance which comes with zero deductible
(3) Thinking of getting strobe lights from firehouse technology
Firehouse technology 2 pack strobe for $69.99

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Nothing wrong with the ZOOM, I love it, the videos and stills are georgous.... I'm glad i bought the zoom. No regrets.. I hear there are problems with the Pro... research then decide... but the Zoom is the bomb...

Nothing wrong with the ZOOM, I love it, the videos and stills are georgous.... I'm glad i bought the zoom. No regrets.. I hear there are problems with the Pro... research then decide... but the Zoom is the bomb...

Couldnt agree more [emoji1305][emoji1303]

You are very correct. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Zoom.

When I tell my friends about DJI, I refer to it as the Toyota of the drone world. The Mavic line is a great drone and the Mavic Pro was my first drone after many failed attempts at mastering RC planes for some time.

Each of us just have choices to make and each person buys whatever drone that fits what they want to achieve. I don't know about you guys but I know for a fact that i do not plan to keep this drone for 3 years nor even 2 years, if they come out with something new.

The DJI drones, especially the Mavic series is like a Toyota Tacoma that retains its value very well. I always think about selling it the same day I buy it. That is why when I get my drone, I take the brand new box and brand new accessories that I do not use and lock it up in pristine condition. I will bring out the pristine box on the day I plan to sell the drone and it gives me the good value when I present the seller with a clean drone with all accessories. That is why I also keep my drone in great condition. I am a very busy professional, so my drone does not even see a lot of fly time.

So whether anybody buys a Mavic Zoom or 2 Pro or go higher with Phantom or Inspire or go less with the Air, we all know they are all good drones and serve each of us in a different way.

My drone for me is just a past time and to take pictures, since I love to take pictures a lot. I am hoping to take some better quality pictures this time while trying to make sure I keep my drone in great condition because I know I will sell this drone between its first year ownership anniversary and second year. And I hope to get back atleast $800 for it or more depending on market at the time.

Last edited:
You are very correct. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Zoom.

When I tell my friends about DJI, I refer to it as the Toyota of the drone world. The Mavic line is a great drone and the Mavic Pro was my first drone after many failed attempts at mastering RC planes for some time.

Each of us just have choices to make and each person buys whatever drone that fits what they want to achieve. I don't know about you guys but I know for a fact that i do not plan to keep this drone for 3 years nor even 2 years, if they come out with something new.

The DJI drones, especially the Mavic series is like a Toyota Tacoma that retains its value very well. I always think about selling it the same day I buy it. That is why when I get my drone, I take the brand new box and brand new accessories that I do not use and lock it up in pristine condition. I will bring out the pristine box on the day I plan to sell the drone and it gives me the good value when I present the seller with a clean drone with all accessories. That is why I also keep my drone in great condition. I am a very busy professional, so my drone does not even see a lot of fly time.

So whether anybody buys a Mavic Zoom or 2 Pro or go higher with Phantom or Inspire or go less with the Air, we all know they are all good drones and serve each of us in a different way.

My drone for me is just a past time and to take pictures, since I love to take pictures a lot. I am hoping to take some better quality pictures this time while trying to make sure I keep my drone in great condition because I know I will sell this drone between its first year ownership anniversary and second year. And I hope to get back atleast $800 for it or more depending on market at the time.
That's exactly how i feel. The box saving thing comes from when i used to buy many types of collectibles and the box in prestine condition helps to justify and keep value.

7mD36YV.jpg

Ne7YwZE.jpg

13pMQSL.jpg

Last edited:
The pictures above are from the Polar Pro website. It has helped me narrow my search and choose the 4 filters that I hope to get the best use out of.

I have chosen to buy ND8, ND16, ND16/PL, and ND32.

As a novice, I bet this is more than enough to start my journey in Photography using ND filters. This is going to be my first time ever owning filters and I have seen that most or say all of the professional photographers use some kind of filter. So, for all the other novices like me, if you look at people's photos and go "WOW", well, get you some ND filters and see if you too can say "WOW" to your own photos. I want to say "WOW", to some of my own photos, so I am looking forward to these.

I am not no pro, but based on my research, also the fact that M2Pro has variable aperture and just reading and watching videos on youtube, I feel that owning those 4 filters is like also owning the ND4 and maybe ND64. It seems I can use the ND8 and tweak aperture adn other things and get the effect of a ND4. Same as I can use ND32 and tweak aperture and get the effect of a ND64. This is by no means any professional talk, but it just sounds like it is possible to me. If someone can correct me, I would like to learn.

I decided to buy from Polar Pro because of these reasons;

- They have a great website and I like that one can customize an order.
- The only M2Pro ND filter seller with an app to help us determine what ND filter to use at any time.
- They have a youtube channel and have videos of them actually showcasing and using their products
- They have done a lot in research and development from all the tons of other videos of people who got free ND filters from them and are reviewing them.
- They have the most reviews and the most market share.
- They just seem to be the most popular though the most expensive.
- Their product seem to be beyond doubt very well made. If not, they may just be the best filters for our drones. I am yet to see someone say otherwise here. Who is the best filter manufacturer then for our drones(according to your opinion)?
- Most other people who buy other brands seem to compare them to Polarpro. That means they are a great contender and maybe better.
- They have a US based phone number, though I just called and never got someone on the phone.

The main disadvantage I have seen about PolarPro is that they are the most expensive, but based on what I see they have done for research and development, I can see why their high price is justified. Also, it is said you get what you pay for and we usually relate a high priced item to high quality. So it means since their filters are expensive, it must be a quality, solid and long lasting product. Many people attest to this.

But that does not mean the other brands are not great. The other brands are cheaper, but I can see why also. I do not think they have spent much money to send out free ND filters to tons of people to try out and review. I do not know if any of the others have a youtube channel. I do not know if the others have a US based phone number.

Based on all these, I can see why Polar Pro is a great product and expensive too.

But we must all know that just because it is priced high does not mean it outperforms the others. A person can buy a $80,000 2018 Toyota Landcruiser. Another can buy a $45,000 2018 Toyota 4Runner. Big difference in price, but both can go are comfortable, can haul the faimily go offroad, crawl, and do about the same thing. So, it is same for these filters. They all do the same thing. Just do your own research and buy what fits your needs and most importantly your pockets, without trying to just get into debts or extending yourself because others are doing it. The drones are just doing fine the way they are with no ND filters. Post production does wonders on any basic picture and video.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDawg
The pictures above are from the Polar Pro website. It has helped me narrow my search and choose the 4 filters that I hope to get the best use out of.

I have chosen to buy ND8, ND16, ND16/PL, and ND32.

As a novice, I am bet this is more than enough to start my journey with in Photography using filters. This is going to be my first time ever owning filters and I have seen that most or say all of the professional photographers use some kind of filter. So, for all the other novices like me, if you look at people's photos and go "WOW", well, get you some ND filters and see if you too can say "WOW" to your own photos. I want to say "WOW", to some of my own photos, so I am looking forward to these.

I am not no pro, but based on my research, also the fact that M2Pro has variable aperture and just reading and watching videos on youtube, I feel that owning those 4 filters is like also owning the ND4 and maybe ND64. It seems I can use the ND8 and tweak aperture adn other things and get the effect of a ND4. Same as I can use ND32 and tweak aperture and get the effect of a ND64. This is by no means any professional talk, but it just sounds like it is possible to me. If someone can correct me, I would like to learn.

I decided to buy from Polar Pro because of these reasons;

- They have a great website and I like that one can customize an order.
- They have a youtube channel and have videos of them actually showcasing and using their products
- They have done a lot in research and development from all the tons of other videos of people who got free ND filters from them and are reviweing them.
- They have the most reviews and the most market share.
- They just seem to be the most popular though the most expensive.
- Their product seem to be beyond doubt very well made. If not, they may just be the best filters for our drones. I am yet to see someone say otherwise here. Who is the best filter manufacturer then for our drones(according to your opinion)?
- Most other people who buy other brands seem to compare them to Polarpro. That means they are a great contender and maybe better.
- They have a US based phone number, though I just called and never got someone on the phone.

The main disadvantage I have seen about PolarPro is that they are the most expensive, but based on what I see they have done for research and development, I can see why their high price is justified. Also, it is said you get what you pay for and we usually relate a high priced item to high quality. So it means since their filters are expensive, it must be a quality, solid and long lasting product. Many people attest to this.

But that does not mean the other brands are not great. The other brands are cheaper, but I can see why also. I do not think they have spent much money to send out free ND filters to tons of people to try out and review. I do not know if any of the others have a youtube channel. I do not know if the others have a US based phone number.

Based on all these, I can see why Polar Pro is a great product and expensive too.

But we must all know that just because it is priced high does not mean it outperforms the others. A person can buy a $80,000 2018 Toyota Landcruiser. Another can buy a $45,000 2018 Toyota 4Runner. Big difference in price, but both can go are comfortable, can haul the faimily go offroad, crawl, and do about the same thing. So, it is same for these filters. They all do the same thing. Just do your own research and buy what fits your needs and most importantly your pockets, without trying to just get into debts or extending yourself because others are doing it. The drones are just doing fine the way they are with no ND filters. Post production does wonders on any basic picture and video.
Man, your full of information, and I bet you type 125 words a minute. I like the ND filter chart. Thanks for that...

I finally got a chance to speak with someone at PolarPro. It was a very informative talk for a novice like me.

Basically I explained what I was trying to buy the filters for and he went in detail and at length to educate me and by the time we were done, this is what he gave as recommendation for my own personal goal with my M2Pro. I would be doing more of pictures than videos with it.

He convinced me to buy these and I placed my order immediately after speaking with him.

ND16, ND16/PL, ND32PL, and CP.

ND16: Would be a good all around filter for all my video needs.
ND16/PL: Would be great for my pictures and can be used for my videos. It does make colors pop!
ND32/PL: Better than ND32 for pictures since I want more of pictures than videos. It would make my pictures pop!
CP: Strictly a polarized filter and should be a great choice for my dawn or dusk shots and sunrise or sunset shots.

I expressed I was a bit worried his recommendation is quite different, but I realized that it is a good thing when you speak to a professional and get his professional advice. When you go to personal trainer, you tell him your goal and he helps you with recommendations. That is how I feel after talking to the PolarPro representative. He gave great tips.

And most importantly, he reminded me that when I get the filters, if I am not satisfied, I have up to 60 within which I can return them for an exchange. I think that sounds pretty good. So, I just ordered my filters. They have so many orders that my filters would not ship until October 10th.

mRXiCYW.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Picked up my M2Pro from FedEx this evening. Have not even had time to open it, so just letting it sit in a corner until I am ready to take it out one of these days.
nKFHG4x.jpg

tBPwQvs.jpg

I have been a lurker on here for some time until a few days ago that I decided to sign up mainly because I had so many questions to get help choosing ND filters.

I like to create a thread dedicated to my drone just like I have threads dedicated to my cars to keep great details on what modifications I do on my drone, share adventurew stories and even pictures with the community. Share the basic knowledge I have and learna lot from others on here.

A drone is nothing like a car that one makes modifications to much, so this will be more about adventure stories and sharing pictures.

Well, today FedEx just missed me since I am still at work and I could not get my drone. So, I may get it on Monday.

Little back story.

I have always loved drones but never could make up my mind to buy an expensive drone. Then the Mavic Pro got on sale for I think $800.00. I paid for it and said I do not think I will spend that much again on a drone.

Well, then I got all the info about the new drones coming out and I decided I would like to trade this one in for a new one. What I consider trade in is sell my current one and I buy a newer one. So, I sold my Mavic Pro like 3 weeks before Mavic 2 was launched. I sold mine at a give away price too. Sold on craigslist the next day for $650, after 1 year of ownership. And it was a good deal as I had bought 2 extra batteries, it had a nice case and came with all accessories and box. I never throw away my original box. I save it somewhere as it helps the value when selling. Same thing I did for my gopro 6. Sold it after a year with all accessories and box. getting ready to order the gopro hero 7. Same thing I will do when I get my M2Pro. I will save the box in pristine condition somewhere, as soon as I get my carrying case from China.

I had great adventure with my Mavic Pro on my road trip this year and took some greta pictures, but I realized those pictures could have been better, so I want better pictures this time.

When the Mavic 2 series was launched, I was all over the Mavic 2 Zoom mainly because of the dolly effect and the zoom. And the price of $1,249.00, that I thought was very expensive. I figured I would get over the zoom and dolly thing pretty quick. During this time, I almost bought the Mavic 2 Zoom like 3 times. Then I realized I really wish to have better pictures this time. Hence i decided to go for the M2Pro, but at $1,499, I thought this thing is pretty expensive. I just imagine how many people are actually financing this drone and I thought this drone is truly expensive.

I am hoping to get out more with this drone and take some better pictures when I do take my short or long road trips. Will be sharing pics when I get and unbox my M2Pro.

I wanted to give my M2Pro a name, but could not settle on anything great, so I will call it PetitFrereArmada for now, which actually refers to my suv.

Send back camera sucks not using all of 1” sensorcheck out Phil on utube

Good luck with the M2Pro.....

Finally unboxed my M2P and signed up for DJI fresh immediately. Charging batteries now to see if I will go take a first flight with it. But made sure to sign up for DJI Refresh immediately.

Really looking forward to receiving my carrying case so I can pack up this pristine box woth accessories that I will not use amd keep them away and will pull them out only like a more than a year from now when I plan to sell if DJI comes out with something new that I may want to upgrade to. I will present the buyer with a brand new box and accessories and hopefully my drone is also in pristine condition as I plan to keep it. This way the drone has a good value and a buyer would like a drone which is complete with a brand new box and all accessories plus extras.

0ZubKqw.jpg

FrAqWZs.jpg

8sCU538.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Goof
I just received the 8 pack FREEWELL ND filter set. They are awesome.....I use PolarPro also and the Freewell are holding it's own.. I am so happy I went with the Freewell...oh... for the Mavic 2 Zoom .....

I just received the 8 pack FREEWELL ND filter set. They are awesome.....I use PolarPro also and the Freewell are holding it's own.. I am so happy I went with the Freewell...oh... for the Mavic 2 Zoom .....

That is very interesting.

So what filters do you have from PolarPro? Can you list them for me?

And which ones do you have from Freewell?

I ordered only 4 from PolarPro and that was $99.99.

But Freewell has a full compete set that looks attraction and at a great price for $129. I think it has 8 or filters, basically covering the whole spectrum that an amateur like me would want to keep and use.

Will find that info in a bit and see.

Just did my first flight with my M2P. It truly impressed me. These are some pictures right out of the box. I have not changed any settings yet. This thing is definitely quieter and faster, but lord, it beeps nonstop for everything. I need to try and adjust some settings. I mean it beeps when it is so far away from things backing up.

Oh well, a few pictures I just took right out of the box. But the rain here is making it hard to find a time to fly.

Oh, and I spent almost an hour updating firmware.

E8aBVxO.jpg

wrpfxxk.jpg

xMSULvo.jpg

Ua0gFlg.jpg

bHwxp4i.jpg

ZrUW46v.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopstix Kid

Oh, I see you have the Zoom. I have the Pro, but the filters are same glass. So, if you are happy with it, then it must be good.

This is their 8 pack for the M2P for $129. Without a doubt, this looks like a good price.

ND4, ND8, ND16, CPL
ND8/PL, ND16/PL, ND32/PL, ND64/PL

All these 8 filters for only $129.

yOnnSAO.jpg

Ok, I would love to see some reviews of the Freewell filter. I saw on youtube that all other companies are trying to copy what PolarPro has been doing by sending tons of filters to people, but the people are basically doing but unboxing, not actually shooting good videos showing how good the filter is. So, hopefully someone does a better video than just saying the filters are very well built.

Bought my case on ebay from a seller in China on September 13th. Shipped September 14th. Got it today October 4th. So it took 20 days for me to get it. If you ask me I will say that was decent coming from China.

The case is kind of tiny. Fits my needs and takes only 2 batteries. That is all I plan to have and own. Now is time for me to lock up my pristine M2P original box and package safe somewhere until it is time for me to sell it, which may be more than a year from today.

Here are pictures of my tiny M2P box. The only disadvantage woth this one is it will scratch as time goes by. So, I am guessing I will be buying something else months down the road, rather than this hardbody one.

Zb53XVp.jpg

iYlFn4Z.jpg

S1cOxRo.jpg

viEOH9j.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member