DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro 2: (PetitFrereArmada): Modification/Adventures and Pictures

What do you do if another pilot is flying and his drone is so close to you and you cannot physically see him to tell him to please stay away at a sage distance from you?

Pretty much exactly what you did. Maybe jiggle the drone as a friendly "wave", see if it waves back and flies off.

If it keeps stalking you the only thing you can really do is get out of the air away from it. If you have a collision it's probably a pretty expensive mistake for all involved :\

I went to San Antonio 4 days ago and went to the Japanese tea Garden and took some pics.

I used my PP ND32/PL on all of these shots.
F2.8, ISO 100, WB Sunny, EXP 1/13
QMRUuOU.jpg

The Japanese Tea Garden has koi fish in its ponds. These fish are expensive and rare. Some can cost about $60,000 for 1 only.
iOiIJnG.jpg

VKze878.jpg

mpJtJrz.jpg

QZjNBOx.jpg

Last edited:
Are those pictures at the Gardens just with filters, no post processing? Glad i stumbled onto this thread, lots of info.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Are those pictures at the Gardens just with filters, no post processing? Glad i stumbled onto this thread, lots of info.

I did some post processing with the built in photo app on my Samsung S8+.

Glad you found some helpful info on this thread. I am a novice in photography and hoping that with this M2P and filters, I can be taking better pics.

I hope to someday take a picture or more that I can actually frame and hang in my livingroom. I see others take some really great pictures and I hope to get close to something like that.

Reactions: JDawg

Are you in Oregon? Anywhere close to Portland? Well, I am in Texas, but flying tomorrow to Seattle. Getting my rental and driving 5 hours to Pullman, where I will be staying for 5 days. I plan to take a day or 2 and drive the Palouse Scenic Byway. Enjoy the amazing scenery and try to take some pictures and maybe a video. I will share pictures on here for sure. This thread is for me to post some of my adventure pictures each time I take an adventure and feel like I took some nice pics worth sharing.

While in Pullman, I plan to drive on the Palouse Scenic Byway and visit these towns. Pullman to Palouse to Garfield to Oakesdale to Steptoe to Colfax to Colton to Uniontown and back to Pullman. It shows weather will be nasty, but I hope it gives me room to get out and shoot some few pictures and maybe some video.

Here is a short video about the Palouse Scenic Byway that I will be driving on for a day or 2 or even 3, since I will be based in Pullman.

Besides, I am sure you may already know, but the palouse is a photographer's paradise. Every true photographer would be mesmerized after a visit to the Palouse. And the pictures they take will be will always have that WOW factor to it.

If you have been to that area, share some info if you wish.

Anybody here ever visited the Palouse area and has some recent pictures to share? Would love to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
This is somebody's video on YouTube of some of the places I will be visiting around Pullman, WA. My first time going and I am really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Flew from Houston to Seattle today. Nice flight. Got to Seattle and took some pictures. Went to a park to take my last set of pictures. The last 2 here taken at that park. Met this guy who walked over and spent like 10 minutes talking about the drone and when he was done, he offered me weed to smoke. I thanked him but told him I have never smoked anything in my life and so I do not smoke weed. He proceeded to show me all the other people just relaxing in their fancy cars. They all come to that park and sit in their cars and smoke weed. I said to myself, no wonder that park was smelling weird ever since I parked there. Plus the cars parked there were kind of fancy and the drivers all stayed in their cars and were not coming out. It was weird, but I understood by the time I was leaving. They sit in the cars, smoke and enjoy a really great view of the city. I just took my pictures, talked withhim, got in my Ford Explorer rental and left the park when done.
This first taken on the plane with my Samsung S8+
Qo0ILs9.jpg

All these below taken with my M2P with the PP CP filter on.
quqt0MX.jpg

0UfVwKV.jpg

DMNQskY.jpg

FiitX8T.jpg

Reactions: JDawg
Pictures I took today while driving the Palouse Scenic Byway here in Pullman, WA. It was raining hard, so I took the first set of pictures with my phone. The next set, I took with my drone when the rain had stopped.

These were taken with my Samsung S8+. I did not use my drone here because it was raining too much for me to fly. So, I took pics with my phone.
T9u6Zk6.jpg

59VdFDc.jpg

vfYvBdD.jpg

7CP0pLL.jpg

These below were taken with by Mavic 2 Pro with a PP ND16, after all the rain stopped.
g5BYUJP.jpg

s5EQ9fe.jpg

ba7NCxi.jpg

E8X733v.jpg

c4dx6zC.jpg

xqBlb1I.jpg

kJVq6A8.jpg

I went to San Antonio 4 days ago and went to the Japanese tea Garden and took some pics.

E: WOW! The Tea Garden images are AMAZING and even more unbelievable is the fact that you edited them on your PHONE! LOVE the shot of the SA skyline and the color contrast of the trees with the city. Well done!

KB

You'd be surpr
E: WOW! The Tea Garden images are AMAZING and even more unbelievable is the fact that you edited them on your PHONE! LOVE the shot of the SA skyline and the color contrast of the trees with the city. Well done!

KB

You'd be surprised how good a phone editor the galaxy phone line up has. I have done quick review/tutorials on my S9+ edit and post them straight to YouTube.

Absolutely amazing. Even five years ago, who could possibly have thought you’d be able to do that today? I have a friend who just got an S9+ and he is in love with it.

One thing is certain, these old eyes would never be able to do a decent job of editing on a phone display. :) ( but I’m glad that you can.)

KB

My last set of pictures from my week long trip last week.

Screenshot from my short active track video I made going down this snake of a road. ND16 filter used.
t7O28Is.jpg

No filter filter used. This is a No Fly Zone. My drone could not even start. I had it on, but stood snd held it high up to take this pic. I basically held it like a regular camera to take this pic.
eOChU41.jpg

Bavarian Lodge. Best hotel in Leavenworth, WA. I loved it here. Great town with German heritage.
ErBW7NZ.jpg

No filter used. Just the dji hasselblad uv filter. Took this pic looking at the road leaving out of Leavenworth to Seattle, WA and the road coming in from Pullman, WA.
3C3iH5a.jpg

OFRSSpa.jpg

And that concludes my week long trip to Pullman via Seattle and now back in Texas. Was a great trip. Took tons of pics, but this is all I can share. Looking forward to my next adventure that would have pictures worth sharing again on this my thread. When that will happen. No idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDawg and ff22
My last set of pictures from my week long trip last week.

Screenshot from my short active track video I made going down this snake of a road. ND16 filter used.
t7O28Is.jpg

No filter filter used. This is a No Fly Zone. My drone could not even start. I had it on, but stood snd held it high up to take this pic. I basically held it like a regular camera to take this pic.
eOChU41.jpg

Bavarian Lodge. Best hotel in Leavenworth, WA. I loved it here. Great town with German heritage.
ErBW7NZ.jpg

No filter used. Just the dji hasselblad uv filter. Took this pic looking at the road leaving out of Leavenworth to Seattle, WA and the road coming in from Pullman, WA.
3C3iH5a.jpg

OFRSSpa.jpg

And that concludes my week long trip to Pullman via Seattle and now back in Texas. Was a great trip. Took tons of pics, but this is all I can share. Looking forward to my next adventure that would have pictures worth sharing again on this my thread. When that will happen. No idea.

Thanks for sharing images of my "neighborhood" (g) I live in Seattle but have not really spent any time in the Palouse. The Cascades near Leavenworth are wonderful and a friend's house might even be lurking in right hand side just under the hillside.

You are welcome. I really enjoyed my trip last week to Palouse. It was my first time out there and it marveled me.

Leavenworth is amazing in it's own way. A nice touristic town with true German heritage.

Taken today. I was driving offroad with my car at a Wildlife Reserve. No ND filters used in these 2 pictures.
Vdz2kiK.jpg

i91mSZm.jpg

I drove to the beach. Surfside beach. ND16 filter used.
mgd8ald.jpg

KvWUZOA.jpg

Reactions: Goof and ff22
You are welcome. I really enjoyed my trip last week to Palouse. It was my first time out there and it marveled me.

Leavenworth is amazing in it's own way. A nice touristic town with true German heritage.

I forgot to mention, I can walk to the Fremont Troll from my house. If I take the bus downtown, my bus passes it, too. Fun place to live although traffic is driving me crazy.

Great pictures. I have been in the PNW for 40 years and have never done the Palouse Byway.

Great pictures. I have been in the PNW for 40 years and have never done the Palouse Byway.

The Palouse highway is a great scenic drive. It is not a very long drive, but stopping at the attractions would take you a long time.

If you have time, please go visit. It was my first time there and I really liked it.

I was not satisfied with the choice of my set of ND filter from PP. The PL filters are confusing to dial, so I contacted them that I wanted to swap out my PL filters for these below. They shipped these to me to swap out and send them the ones I did not want.
tNzIfNA.jpg

I got the filters and tried them on my drone and realized ND64 is too dark and I may not get to use it often. So, I decided to keep these; ND8, ND16, ND16/PL and ND32. I was going to return my ND16/PL, but I decided to keep it because I made up my mind that I should have a PL filter to use as I learn more about how to use PL filters.
mnWoeqN.jpg

This morning I put the filters I did not need back in the box and put the return label slip on it and dropped it at the post office.

Thanks PP for the service.

Reactions: Hpacura
I was not satisfied with the choice of my set of ND filter from PP. The PL filters are confusing to dial, so I contacted them that I wanted to swap out my PL filters for these below. They shipped these to me to swap out and send them the ones I did not want.
tNzIfNA.jpg

I got the filters and tried them on my drone and realized ND64 is too dark and I may not get to use it often. So, I decided to keep these; ND8, ND16, ND16/PL and ND32. I was going to return my ND16/PL, but I decided to keep it because I made up my mind that I should have a PL filter to use as I learn more about how to use PL filters.
mnWoeqN.jpg

This morning I put the filters I did not need back in the box and put the return label slip on it and dropped it at the post office.

Thanks PP for the service.

if you ever get into doing daytime hyperlapses you will need much darker filters to get good 1/2 second exposures without going above F 5.0 for sharp results

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99