DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro remote is not holding a charge

Wapsiike

Reactions
My Mavic Pro remote will not hold a charge. I charge it to 100% take it off charger then check it an hour later it's at 63%. I've modified the antennas I dont no if I did something to cause this while adding the 4Hawks Xr Range Extender or if its something else. I've had the mod on the remote for awhile and it just started losing charge today. Any ideas?

My Mavic Pro remote will not hold a charge. I charge it to 100% take it off charger then check it an hour later it's at 63%. I've modified the antennas I dont no if I did something to cause this while adding the 4Hawks Xr Range Extender or if its something else. I've had the mod on the remote for awhile and it just started losing charge today. Any ideas?
unfortunately it sounds like you need a new battery for the remote,they don't last forever

before you do anything radical , what device eg android or ios are you using , if it an andoid it charges the phone and theres nothing you v=can do to stop it. on the IOS you can turn the charging of the device off

before you do anything radical , what device eg android or ios are you using , if it an andoid it charges the phone and theres nothing you v=can do to stop it. on the IOS you can turn the charging of the device off

Steve is likely correct. My Samsung Note 10 did the same thing.

yes it happens to my android tablet .but when you plug it in you can disable charging ......i use a jump box for the car ...plug into the usb port on the side of the remote and it keeps the transmitter and the android charged ...but i start out with both fully charged so i dont load up the usb ports to much ...but it does work ..its an 8000 or 8 amp jump box i use a long usb cable and shove it into my pocket and its plugged into the transmitter ...now there both happy

Steve is likely correct. My Samsung Note 10 did the same thing.
yes it happens to my android tablet .but when you plug it in you can disable charging ......i use a jump box for the car ...plug into the usb port on the side of the remote and it keeps the transmitter and the android charged ...but i start out with both fully charged so i dont load up the usb ports to much ...but it does work ..its an 8000 or 8 amp jump box i use a long usb cable and shove it into my pocket and its plugged into the transmitter ...now there both happy
Please read the OP’s post.
This is not all related to the Android charging from controller issue.
The OP’s unit is not in use or connected to anything when it simply refuses to hold a charge.

This happened to me the other day was dead before I had chance to put a second battery in its had about 3hrs flight time in year

The OP’s unit is not in use or connected to anything when it simply refuses to hold a charge.

Yes, and what's not fully known is . . .
Is the controller turned on and connected to a drone, or not connected in any way to the drone . . . or is it losing charge simply in switched off mode ? (and checked now and then for status)

Reactions: Thomas B
Mine was fully charged half hour later went for flight flew 20mins second battery in and remote was at 5 percent, appranlty pull down at top of the phone screen when connected and select charge option to data mode only. Not tried yet will do this week.

Mine was fully charged half hour later went for flight flew 20mins second battery in and remote was at 5 percent, appranlty pull down at top of the phone screen when connected and select charge option to data mode only. Not tried yet will do this week.
Without details of your drone and device there is no way to interpret your specific problem which may not be the same as the OPs.

Ignore the "unfortunately it sounds like " etc comments. Just plug a power bank into the side prot and use the bottom port for data transfer. You can also charge an Android device while using if you use an OTG as per the picture.

Attachments

• Pro OTG .jpg
    Pro OTG .jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Ignore the "unfortunately it sounds like " etc comments. Just plug a power bank into the side prot and use the bottom port for data transfer. You can also charge an Android device while using if you use an OTG as per the picture.

It's thought to be unrelated to this.
Maybe the OP has solved it, no reply since the original post to be able to tell.

Maybe @Wapsiike can give us an update if he returns to check.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo