DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic tried to land in the Ocean!!! NO downward control to land?

Your flight log shows the throttle was in the full down position every time the mode switched to forced landing. If you play your log back in DJI GO, you can see the stick positions.

Can you post a video of it here? I'm not sure why you're seeing something different unless you uploaded the wrong flight log above.

I moved the stick down 100 percent before it went into Landing mode while I was flying it. The drone was still 20ft in the air?

Reactions: Andrew F
I FINALLY heard back from Support today.

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your patience.
For the incident happened to your drone, we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis. The analysts advised that you can try to update the aircraft to the latest firmware and test it again. If the problem exist, please send it back for diagnostic and repair service if needed.

Have you tested your Mavic over land to see how the VPS works there? If it's working as expected, I don't know that I'd send it in for repair. DJI is most likely going to send you back a refurbished unit.

I moved the stick down 100 percent before it went into Landing mode while I was flying it. The drone was still 20ft in the air?

The drone thought (incorrectly) that it was close to ground when you did that. If you hold the stick down for a second or two on land when the drone is close to ground it will issue an autoland if you have VPS on (try it!). That's probably what happened here (just like msinger suggested).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial