DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 My Middle East trip- Doha, Qatar

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
My wife and I finally completed our 3 week tour of some of the Middle East capital cities, starting with Doha, Qatar on the Persian Gulf. As with many of these capitals, they are fairly new (40-50 years old) and based on oil wealth. Most of the buildings are strikingly modern and new. In Doha, we visited the Museum of Islamic Art, designed by the world famous architect I.M.Pei, who was lured out of retirement at age 91. Over the course of the next weeks, I will be editing these images for an eventual video, but here are some images I would like to share.
Of course, drones are illegal for tourism in Qatar at this time. I left my M3 at home.

As always comments are welcomed.

Dale
Miami
Chandelier-Spiral stairs looking down from 3rd level.jpgInterior-skyline window, fountain.jpgMuseum interior wide view from 2nd level-good shot.jpgMuseum Interior with staircase.jpgMuseum Islamic Art-great interior shot.jpgNight-Museum of Islamic Art-Doha.jpgUnderside-Staircase-Museum of Islamic Art.jpg

Attachments

• Museum Islamic Art Interior staircase.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • MuseumIslamicArt City Scape from coffee shop.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Beautiful pictures, Dale. Great balance of interior AND exterior lighting. Was a tripod used or a hand railing? We leave for 14 days in Israel soon.

Beautiful pictures, Dale. Great balance of interior AND exterior lighting. Was a tripod used or a hand railing? We leave for 14 days in Israel soon.
Thank you Doug:

The night shot of the Museum of Islamic Arts was done with a tripod. All of the interior shots were hand held, with an increase in the ISO if needed.

After visiting Dubai, Abu Dhab, and a luxury desert camp 2 1/2 hours from Abu Dhabi, we were disappointed with Israel as a tourist visit. This was our 2nd Israel visit and we stayed in Tel Aviv (Tel Aviv Hilton) which was so so. We did not do much because we were already tired. We walked the length of the Dizengoff. It was sort of dull. In Jerusalem, we stayed at the Waldorf next to the Old City. Again, the massive crowds were terrible in the Old City, especially at the holy sites. (We had done an exhaustive , extensive country tour in 1974).

Please be very aware of the following ! DO NOT plan to be in Israel (especially in Jerusalem) on the Sabbath (Saturday). Every single thing shuts down. You cannot get a meal, even in your own hotel, unless you pay for the fixed price dinner at $136.00 per person. The entire city shuts down from Friday sundown until Sunday.

Dale
Miami

My wife and I finally completed our 3 week tour of some of the Middle East capital cities, starting with Doha, Qatar on the Persian Gulf. As with many of these capitals, they are fairly new (40-50 years old) and based on oil wealth. Most of the buildings are strikingly modern and new. In Doha, we visited the Museum of Islamic Art, designed by the world famous architect I.M.Pei, who was lured out of retirement at age 91. Over the course of the next weeks, I will be editing these images for an eventual video, but here are some images I would like to share.
Of course, drones are illegal for tourism in Qatar at this time. I left my M3 at home.

As always comments are welcomed.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 162556View attachment 162557View attachment 162558View attachment 162559View attachment 162561View attachment 162563View attachment 162564
, great pictures this must be one of the best art museums in the world I love it there

, great pictures this must be one of the best art museums in the world I love it there
Thank you.
Probably one of the most enjoyable museums we have been to...agree. It was beautifully done. The galleries were spectacular.

Fabulous shots Dale. I am a total amateur of course but they are beautifully exposed and totally in focus with lighting just right-as befits a professional photographer (I think I’m right with that “fact”?). Off to Florida next week and will try to get some airtime as well as birds.

Fabulous shots Dale. I am a total amateur of course but they are beautifully exposed and totally in focus with lighting just right-as befits a professional photographer (I think I’m right with that “fact”?). Off to Florida next week and will try to get some airtime as well as birds.
Thanks so much. No, I am just an amateur photo enthusiast. Enjoy Florida! Coming to my home state. Right now we are having very stormy weather. The bird population in the Everglades has been down considerably in the past few years. I think it was a drought problem.

Dale