DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mini 2 goes crazy!

Mini 2 Cl

Reactions
My Mini 2 goes crazy! It starts going around in circles without me moving or pressing anything on the control !.
It's crazy, it has happened on several occasions even when I calibrate IMU, COMPASS, REMOTE CONTROL and STABILIZER. Please I need some help, I am from Chile.WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 10.30.22 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 10.30.22 AM (1).jpeg

Hello from the Crossroads of America Mini 2 Cl.

That is one wild ride for the Mini 2.

You might check your props to ensure they are on correctly and not damaged or bent.

You might also follow the instructions on the link below to get access to the flight log(s) and copy / paste the link back to the Forum.

Someone who is more knowledgeable than I can read the log and perhaps find the problem with a solution.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?

Another option for flight log retrieval is to sign up with AIRDATA.

They offer some stuff at no charge and packages available for a monthly fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
The only time I have seen this happen is when the Sensors have been partially blocked.
Check the landing sensors very carefully for dirt , dust , debris,

I can duplicate this circle behavior by covering the sensor half way or getting it wet which is why the Sensor needs to be protected.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on the Water.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice, it was useful to me and I leave you the link so you can see the flight.

I do not understand much, if you can help me find an anomaly, I would appreciate it, so I am also learning.

La única vez que he visto que esto sucede es cuando los sensores se han bloqueado parcialmente.
Compruebe los sensores de aterrizaje con mucho cuidado en busca de suciedad, polvo, escombros,

Puedo duplicar el comportamiento de este círculo cubriendo el sensor hasta la mitad o mojándolo, por lo que es necesario proteger el sensor.

Phantomrain.org
Equipo para volar tu Mini 2 bajo la lluvia y aterrizar en el agua.
Los sensores están limpios, les dejo una foto.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 2.12.20 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 2.12.20 PM.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
This looks like magnetic interference right from the Take off.
What surface did you take off from. ?

desde un parque, no creo que sea una interferencia o algo así, he volado el dron en un espacio más abierto lejos de cables y casas y sucede exactamente lo mismo

Please use English ?

Dear drone operators, perform 2 flights as a test where the first flight, when connecting the control with the drone, does not ask to calibrate anything so I fly immediately without doing calibrations. The drone automatically starts rotating to its right without me doing anything on the controller. (I have the videos but I don't know how to upload them to this platform).

First flight:
The second flight, I calibrated the control and compass and then I made the flight, like the first flight it began to rotate but this time it escaped uncontrollably and could cause an accident or simply collide with the trees.

Second flight:

Upload to YouTube or similar platform and copy / paste the link back to here.

The link will turn into a thumbnail after you post.

I guess your not under the 30 day return policy anymore. Sounds like your going to have to let DJI take a look at it. If the estimate to fix it is too high, you'll just have to buy a replacement drone. They sell just the drone with or without camera on Ebay and sometimes amazon or some hobby stores.. I suppose you could get one without a camera and put the one from your old drone onto the new drone.

My mini 2 sometimes goes crazy as well. Even after all calibrations etc. So I decided to send it back soon for another one. Only thing I don't like is the long wait period

Flying uncontrollably round in circles is typical of compass issues. Do you wear a watch or jewellery on the hand you hold the drone with when calibrating? Sometimes watches have a magnetic clasp that can upset a compass calibration. Alternatively, it is quite possible the compass unit in your drone is faulty - has it ever flown "normally"? If not then your best option may be to return it and request a replacement drone.

Have you installed the correct props to the correct motors? There are two types, clockwise and counter clockwise. They fit diagonally opposite motors.If you only fitted one type to all 4 motors or fitted the wrong props to some motors, the drone would certainly behave erratically.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom