DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new controller setup

Very cool indeed!
However, for me it interferes with the portability and rapid setup for flight that was what I wanted from the SC when hiking out to remote areas. Just saying... and agree, to each his/her own.

Will both screens show the same thing ?

If so, can I ask what is the benefit of the second screen ?

you can have the screen showing the camera view without all the telemetry and other icons all over it so you just have a clean screen, its also 2000 nits, just waiting for an update where you can have say, map on SC and camera view on the feelworld, or the other way round.

Reactions: Gindra
you can have the screen showing the camera view without all the telemetry and other icons all over it so you just have a clean screen, its also 2000 nits, just waiting for an update where you can have say, map on SC and camera view on the feelworld, or the other way round.

Is the Feelworld monitor powered by a battery and how long does it last at 2200nits ?

yes it s battery powered, how long it lasts is upto what battery you use, mine came with a np-f550/f570 battery which didn't last long, so got a np-f970 which lasts forever.

yes it s battery powered, how long it lasts is upto what battery you use, mine came with a np-f550/f570 battery which didn't last long, so got a np-f970 which lasts forever.

Nice. Just ordered one. Use with tripod is a good extra.

They only seem to supply np-f550 so will see how it goes with that before I order a better one.

I got a duel LCD charger in the end to go with mine as the one that came with mine was a bit Whimpey for the f970 battery, yep when I fly from the garden I have my setup on a small table top camera tripod

This is my setup too. I really appreciate the 2200 nit display, especially on sunny days. Having the camera feed on this display without any telemetry is really nice too. I glance down for telemetry and back up for camera view. I have the grid and histogram displayed on the FreeWorld so I have all the info I need for photography right at hand.

here ya go, don't know weather your in the states or not this is the amazon uk site

Thank you. That looks good and not a bad price.

I opted to get an extra np-f550 rather than adding the extra weight of the 970. Batteries are hot-swappable and super easy to switch out.

think there might be something wrong with my 550 battery, it was only lasting about 15 minuets and the screen kept switching on and off with batt level showing 20 per cent, thing was when placed in the charger it showed 60 per cent, not had any problems with the 970, but it is a bit heavier being 3 times the size. I use the neck strap that came with the mount and screen around the neck, and the other strap I have that came with the 2 eyelets for the 2 holes in the bottom of the sc I use around the waist, when pulled tight this arrangement sits at the right angle and just doesn't move or flop about when hands free.it just stays there.so no need to hold the controller at all, just play with the sticks.

Last edited:
I did think about that one in the past but for some reason I cant remember I decided against it, I might just give it a go. did you have to get longer screws for that to go through both, thor bracket and strap bracket

I did think about that one in the past but for some reason I cant remember I decided against it, I might just give it a go. did you have to get longer screws for that to go through both, thor bracket and strap bracket
It came with longer screws. Only downside that I see is that the vertical arms leading from the base to the connection points are a little too close to the SC screen edges. Feels cramped when trying to touch icons on the borders. I'm planning on grinding the inside edges some to see if that helps. I did have to modify the screen/controller stick protector I have. No big deal. Just needed a sharp set of scissors. I do like the balance much better that with any other lanyard configuration I've tried.

Ok thanks for that Gindra, ill go ahead and order one, I mostly use one of those touch screen pencil things so with a bit of luck the arms might not be a problem.

p.s. just ordered one, will be here Wednesday.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000