DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Mavic Air doesnt fly backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't fuming or anything. Just gave an example as your reply merely said go watch videos and learn how to use your drone properly. That wasn't a very helpful statement. So i just pointed out with an example of just because im new to drones doesn't make me at fault and the gadget is always right, but you seem to have gotten worked up over that.

I wasn't bashing you or anything as you'd like people to believe.

For the kind of nonconstructive help your trying to give me id be well off without it. No thank you. Dont help.

The videos are a great LEARNING TOOL. You don't want to invest the time into a very complicated and powerful drone with a ton of features. I predict that you will be back hundreds of times with questions. Its pilot error - laziness. Good luck with your new toy

Reactions: beejAMG
The videos are a great LEARNING TOOL. You don't want to invest the time into a very complicated and powerful drone with a ton of features. I predict that you will be back hundreds of times with questions. Its pilot error - laziness. Good luck with your new toy

My god, Your back with more opinions ! What do we do to stop your fuming ! Its least helpful.

I know the videos are great and what gave you the idea that i haven't gone though them ? While im certainly no expert flyer but i can say ive invested time watching 100s of hours of videos from DJI and other Mavic Air owners (to the point of being accused of obsessiveness by my kith and kin). What are you going to do ?, eat your words when we find out that its a sensor error or something ?.

Kindly take your belligerence elsewhere and leave us others to have a civil conversation will you.

I meant that perhaps DJI (parent company) could help.
It's worth a shot! Consumer drones & camera gimbal - DJI
Hi,
That would work out too expensive to ship it from India to them. So id save that as a last resort maybe after troubleshooting every other possibility with members like you helping. Secondly i dont know if DJI would give me a warranty though its now about 9 days old only, because shop said no bill / invoice either. Wont DJI ask for a bill. The shop guy kept telling me once you register it from the shop itself the warranty becomes active because DJI will know when they put in the serial number itself and all that. Basically the shop's stand was buy it with no protection or dont buy. Since we as hobbyists are pretty addicted to these things we take the jump since theres no other option to buy it in my country.

You're hopeless. You could have told us you studied the videos and even posted some screenshots of your settings and your firmware versions that you are running. I have a working dji and offered to help and you put me down numerous times for giving you ideas. Take it back to the store!

Reactions: beejAMG
You're hopeless. You could have told us you studied the videos and even posted some screenshots of your settings and your firmware versions that you are running. I have a working dji and offered to help and you put me down numerous times for giving you ideas. Take it back to the store!
You have been zero help and a nuisance to this conversation. Why do you keep feeling the need to post more crap bashing the OP?

The guy asked a legitimate question, it happens dozens of times here and 'most' people are willing to help, it is what makes the site great. You are acting like the poster is your ex :D

First off, let's all be civil here. We all know the internet is a tough medium to understand exactly what a poster means be their post. Especially if there are cultural differences between the participants. Try to treat others as you would like to be treated.

I assume the OP bought from an unauthorized shop, In that case, DJI does not provide a warranty.

As far as the OP's issue, I would have to ask if you have done a FULL calibration, quad & controller, including a sensor calibration? This is done with a computer and the DJI Assistant program.

Your some sort of psycho, LOL. I told you we dont want your useless bickering and non constructive advice. Everything that you ever utter has no practical method, helpfulness or even empathy that others have displayed. We all requested you that we dont even need your contribution but still your here chewing my back for no reason.

Your some sort of psycho, LOL. I told you we dont want your useless bickering and non constructive advice. Everything that you ever utter has no practical method, helpfulness or even empathy that others have displayed. We all requested you that we dont even need your contribution but still your here chewing my back for no reason.
stop engaging him and he will go away. Or at least we all wont need to read your bickering back and forth

Ive done the firmware refresh using DJI Assistant 2. Also did a factory settings reset. Tried the vision sensors calibration and couldn't do stage 2 as it was extremely difficult to aim the bottom sensors at the screen and get the 2 boxes to match to kick off procedure (since they a have a box match step before each procedure) the 2nd stage alone was very finicky and the boxes were jumping all around and even tilting the hand caused the box to move in the opposite direction so i had to remember that and move in a mirror image style (ie if i tilt upwards the box on the screen goes downwards. So i never got to pass that test.

Ive done the firmware refresh using DJI Assistant 2. Also did a factory settings reset. Tried the vision sensors calibration and couldn't do stage 2 as it was extremely difficult to aim the bottom sensors at the screen and get the 2 boxes to match to kick off procedure (since they a have a box match step before each procedure) the 2nd stage alone was very finicky and the boxes were jumping all around and even tilting the hand caused the box to move in the opposite direction so i had to remember that and move in a mirror image style (ie if i tilt upwards the box on the screen goes downwards. So i never got to pass that test.
I’d say you have a problem then! I think maybe you should raise a service request with DJI

It's worth attempting to calibrate again Otherwise contact dji. Authorized or not you bought a 'sealed' unit that should carry warranty. However knowing the previous conversation we had about consumer protection in India I don't know if it will work 100%, but it's worth exploring.

I think I saw something online that talked about how India is a drone free area and are not allowed anywhere . Was that story inaccurate?

It's worth attempting to calibrate again Otherwise contact dji. Authorized or not you bought a 'sealed' unit that should carry warranty. However knowing the previous conversation we had about consumer protection in India I don't know if it will work 100%, but it's worth exploring.

I think I saw something online that talked about how India is a drone free area and are not allowed anywhere . Was that story inaccurate?

Ill try a calibrate again now.
Yes that's been my opinion from the beginning, that when DJI has sold it thru some means to some distributor who is selling them here in my country. He doesn't want to sell with a bill (tax reasons, legal reasons etc) but the box is new and registered onto DJI site from the shop itself during delivery. DJI got its money for the hardware (irrespective of the tax and how it was sold in each individual country) and they should honor the warranty.

But reading all over youtube and seeing how bad DJI customer service is (ive come to read everywhere that they dont care for customers after its sold) and that too im from India where it was sold without a bill.

About your question regarding the rules in India, the answer is YES. It is totally banned in India. As in the DGCA and air control authorities didnt pass any rules yet but just arbitrarily passed word that its "BANNED" (our country likes to use vehement words for superficial things). This can be one of the reasons why the seller is saying no warranty / no bill etc. But theres no law passed yet stating that drones are banned. So in our country no rules formed yet means "illegal". The govt has 'drafted' rules but not enforced them yet to place a mechanism of licensing operators. Even if that comes through i can bet you no average man can procure it, It will be so complicated that only big wigs / thugs with good political influence will get it, this is true to the word from the horses mouth. You wont believe, the draft says even after your licensed you have to take permission for each and every time you fly from the respective local police station where your flying and the deputy commissioner of police (a 2 to 3 day process). What they mean is when i go out with my family etc ill have to spend half a day at the police station to fly a small hobbyist drone.

But they still sell these drones here, because technically speaking, selling it isnt a crime. Hell even flying it isnt a crime YET as theres no written law formed against it. So drone flying in India has become taboo. However the real picture is kids are buying them (forget old people like me) and flying them all the time. It depends where you fly and to do so discreetly without getting a crowd to form around you (and India is famous for that, you take out any unusual equipment and stand near your car and there will be a huge crowd to watch you, even if it means cancelling their work / bunking office / being late for their livelihood). So many kids and hobbyists are flying in desolate places or technically from places where they cant catch you easily, like from the roof of your terrace (visually very difficult to follow where it returned over a cluster of houses to land). Its all a matter of judgement. But right now our uneducated govt is paranoid about drones. You can also get away by slipping them some money if the cops turn up. But its all about how you handle it. Also ensuring nobody has a chance or reason to call the cops and inform them is one way to fly here. Also flying with your wife or family standing next to you can mean more safety because of how your motive for flying is perceived by the public.

Now comes the most important part....AIRPORT CUSTOMS. Here theres no getting away. All drones coming thru the airport in luggage or by couriers and fedex/ups etc are being seized. The customs has been informed to seize each and every drone. Its being done proactively and im aware because im here in this country. Without a permission letter from DGCA they wont release it and the DGCA cant give you such letter because the laws are still in draft stage. So the situation is moot.

Now this last paragraph is what will prevent me from sending my drone to DJI. Even if DJI accepts to take it in under warranty, it will leave India, but when it returns, it will get confiscated 9 out of 10 times. End of story.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2EJ
It sounds like you need to find some local that is good with tech to help you sort things out .

It sounds like you need to find some local that is good with tech to help you sort things out .

Yes thats my last ray of hope. The guys in the shop said if any problem that they will handle repairs and service also (which they do, since i saw them taking apart a phantom 4 to fix some issue) at my cost. But imagine the feeling to buy something new and then have it repaired in about less than 10 days, with not even a single crash or anything. This is what we get for buying a DJI product and it serves me right for choosing a Chinese based product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31