DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Mavic Air doesnt fly backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else did they tell you? Why would they sell a product in a sealed box with no warrantee? You may want to contact DJI Support directly.
That's it. There's no more story to that. If your from India you should know how our boys sell right. Grey market style. That's all. Its like, take it or leave it, and i took it. Everyone buying it here is taking it the same way. They dont force us. If we love to try this as a hobby or for a reason then we have to just bite the bullet.

Are you having a compass error and have to re-calibrate EVERY TIME? That should not be happening.

Hi Wizard,

Yes it keeps happening when im off to my farm house outside the city. The building is a solid concrete structure due to the floating cantilevered nature of the design and has loads of steel TMT rods embedded in it. Whenever im there it asks for a compass re-calibration. Tomorrow i will be trying it out again in the city to see if it asks for a compass re-calibrate on the open rooftop because it has never asked for a calibration in that location. Plus ive heard it asks for compass calibrate when you move about 35kms away from the last calibration spot.

Last edited:
What else did they tell you? Why would they sell a product in a sealed box with no warrantee? You may want to contact DJI Support directly.

Hi Dave,

Thats the way they sell grey market style in India.There's no warranty for anyone buying from him, not just for me. I did cross check with some other Mavic owners in my country.

I bought it here in India form a DJI shop. But with no warranty / no support of any kind is what they told me when selling it. It was however a sealed box which they opened in front of me.
You have 30 days after purchase to get DJI Refresh (Warranty), you should jump on this if you are in the 30 day time reference.

DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro)

I encountered a similar, albeit short term problem like this when I accidently started a flight without the software update being completed. Maybe you should check to see that any software or firmware updates completed correctly
Hi Greg,

Problem was solved 2 days ago and im already flying properly.

You have 30 days after purchase to get DJI Refresh (Warranty), you should jump on this if you are in the 30 day time reference.

DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro)

Hi Wizard,

Just check my earlier posts, theres no way im getting DJI refresh or even standard warranty because i cant ship this via any Indian airport and it will get held up since its prohibited to import them. Coming via the airport will be considered an import. Being shipped via fedex or any other method also will lend itself to confiscation as it will be considered an import (during x-ray scanning) when its returning to me.

But its ok. Now its working alright after i did the Firmware refresh using DJI assistant. I only mentioned in passing thought as to how the DJI A2 software is finicky and wont recognize the RC controller and also it gets flagged as Virus or has problems with many anti-virus programs. But ive mentioned the workaround for that. Deactivate your Anti Virus program and you should be able to copy the .exe to your folder for safe keeping and also install it on your PC.

Last edited:
The beginner mode suspicion was raised right in the beginning where i clarified that it was not in beginner mode. It was a software/sensor error which was righted by firmware refreshing.

Thanks for the methods you've suggested but we sorted the drone out 2 days back itself and the issue is resolved.

Nice! So, you updated the AC, the RC and finally got the latest version of the GO 4 app? That was going to be my next suggestion.

As far as you "bashing" someone (I didn't see that), don't even reply to those "Sensitive Geniuses" that always seem to have a comment, but no solution. I see it all the time in the IT field, just ignore them and don't waste your time. Happy Droning!

Hi Wizard,

Just check my earlier posts, theres no way i getting DJI refresh or even standard warranty because i cant ship this via any indian airport and it will get held up since its prohibited to import them. Coming via the airport will be considered an import. Being shipped via fedex or any other method also will lend itself to confiscation as it will be considered an import (during x-ray scanning) when its returning to me.

But its ok. Now its working alright after i did the Firmware refresh using DJI assistant. I only mentioned in passing thought as to how the DJI A2 software is finicky and wont recognize the RC controller and also it gets flagged as Virus or has problems with many anti-virus programs. But ive mentioned the workaround for that. Deactivate your AntiVirus program and you should be able to copy the .exe to your folder for safe keeping and also install it on your PC.
Yeah, looks like I came in a little late...ha. Glad you got it straightened out.

You're hopeless. You could have told us you studied the videos and even posted some screenshots of your settings and your firmware versions that you are running. I have a working dji and offered to help and you put me down numerous times for giving you ideas. Take it back to the store!
Just stop! This isn't Faceboog. If you can't help the guy just go away.

Reactions: Underdog1964
We should maybe get a mod to shut this one down. Getting far too sidetracked and the actual resolution got lost in the confusions/poor manners
Glad he got it figured out.
I am not sure why a couple of posters had issues. He asked for help with a unique problem which happens here all the time.

That's what I'm saying. The issue is fixed, but the thread is blowing up still with nonsense. Which doesn't help anyone new coming to find answers. Lock this one up and move on imo

That's it. There's no more story to that. If your from India you should know how our boys sell right. Grey market style. That's all. Its like, take it or leave it, and i took it. Everyone buying it here is taking it the same way. They dont force us. If we love to try this as a hobby or for a reason then we have to just bite the bullet.
Ok, thanks for the education. Just trying to help.

I see that you solved your issue with the Firmware update which was a suggestion I made not knowing that you already solved the issue. I am happy you are back working properly and sorry you had some bad experience here. I think most of us are just trying to help.

I see that you solved your issue with the Firmware update which was a suggestion I made not knowing that you already solved the issue. I am happy you are back working properly and sorry you had some bad experience here. I think most of us are just trying to help.

Yes most of them have really helped. Not just trying to.

That's what I'm saying. The issue is fixed, but the thread is blowing up still with nonsense. Which doesn't help anyone new coming to find answers. Lock this one up and move on imo
The same problem occurs on Facebook. People do not read the whole thread so do not understand what is being talked about or that something may have been said 3-4 times. We need to learn from this experience and read the whole thread. Because we are an international group, sometimes meanings get lost in words and i think people are a little too sensitive to replies or statements. Just my humble opinion.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
DJI repair shop repaired my MA twice back-to-back under warranty because it would descend when I pulled back to fly backward. Replace main board. I would send Support an email in the app.

This is what we get for buying a DJI product and it serves me right for choosing a Chinese based product.

Whoah, i was with you all the way until this post. If youre gonna go there, can you tell if indian made products are any better?

Im not chinese either but im quite familiar with the chinese product reputation. But DJI produces some of the most advanced tech with regards to drones. Other companies are a few clicks behind and still trying to copy what DJI has to offer.

And like any other product, sometimes a few out of thousands comes out as a lemon. Even Ferrari, Tesla, Mercedes Benz (to name a few) has lemons every now and again.

Now getting back to your problem, (havent gone through the whole thread as i replied as soon as i read this particular comment so im assuming you havent solved it yet), follow the whole set up step by step and to a T. If that still fails, bring it back to the shop you bought it from. Request for an exchange or if all else fails, repair at your own cost. Goodluck!

PS: got to the part where you fixed your peoblem. Good job! Enjoy flying safe!

Last edited:
Whoah, i was with you all the way until this post. If youre gonna go there, can you tell if indian made products are any better?...

To be fair China makes a LOT of cheap ****

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: plainman007
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member