DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Mavic Air doesnt fly backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair China makes a LOT of cheap ****.

I was being fair. Thats why i asked if india was any better.

Besides, my point was, singling out DJI as a “chinese product” coz of some fault is not fair.

Im sure youre one of the many thousands of happy DJI customers.

DJI repair shop repaired my MA twice back-to-back under warranty because it would descend when I pulled back to fly backward. Replace main board. I would send Support an email in the app.
Why ? When ive simply reset my drone and its performing normally. Oh ok maybe you've not read the entire thread.

Now getting back to your problem, (havent gone through the whole thread as i replied as soon as i read this particular comment so im assuming you havent solved it yet), follow the whole set up step by step and to a T. If that still fails, bring it back to the shop you bought it from. Request for an exchange or if all else fails, repair at your own cost. Goodluck!

PS: got to the part where you fixed your peoblem. Good job! Enjoy flying safe!

"Now getting back to the problem ????", which has been solved 4 days back and several posts earlier and rightly mentioned also as SOLVED. You talk so detailed but id expect you to read a full thread (if you wanna bother answering) and then answer.

PS : Oh now i got to the part where you mentioned that you got to the part where you knew the problem was fixed. So the post was in reverse you first post a solution/opinion and then cancel it by saying you know its been solved. Then if you got to that part why answer with technical solutions in the same post. Wont it confuse other readers ?

Just to be clear i didnt put down China. I implied, expecting a thorough manual / expecting prompt & legible support from a Chinese company was going to be, err, not so smooth a ride. I still say the DJI drone is great and their products also seem to be nice. But quality control and after-sales service are not things i would expect/rely on coming from China.

I was being fair. Thats why i asked if india was any better.

Besides, my point was, singling out DJI as a “chinese product” coz of some fault is not fair.

Im sure youre one of the many thousands of happy DJI customers.

To be fair, here is proof of a USA customer and the kind of "support" you get from DJI. Its a real life experience (at least from one who bothered to record it). Also he gets a crap product right out of the box and the DJI rep doesn't know anything about the product and makes random suggestions.

In the end, he gets a replacement, but after how much of hoop jumping and arguing ?

My point is about the quality control and support. Quite different from berating the product. The make great products but backed with this quality. A good idea, handled badly. Having a good product alone isnt enough, these days your product support / quality control / communication skills / marketing must be on par.

Last edited:
And like any other product, sometimes a few out of thousands comes out as a lemon. Even Ferrari, Tesla, Mercedes Benz (to name a few) has lemons every now and again.

This point i totally agree with you. Very true. Ive experienced this also with products i bought from the USA for my work. But do you know how they handled the issues. The Chinese wont do that. They only need to ensure good English speaking people sit and support customers by email and chat instead of just saying "send it back to us". On the DJI site their product promo videos work well. The tech help videos all fail with Chinese language errors inside the windows. On the DJI site their staff comes back with replies after a week with an 'apology' ofcourse.

Will i buy another DJI product ?
At the face of things, YES i will.

And i will also prepare myself to suffer if any problems crop up. Its a fantastic product with high risk in product quality.
We would rather have to rely on the good folk here (like the ones who have helped me in this thread) to give us a hand in need.

Last edited:
Hi,

I didn't try that. I'll give it a go and let you know. The location im flying is 30kms from the airport. Its nothing but rural / agricultural land with nothing of significance in the vicinity. Another thing is that its doing the same thing in different locations. Always same 30-40 feet that too in all directions, like an invisible radius from where im standing. That only made me rule out NFZ when i experienced this. But i didn't try pointing the nose of the aircraft into the barrier as you suggested since most flights are so hurried and time flies (pardon the pun) by so theres hardly time to think. Switch on, re-calibrate, compass error, by the time im up in the air its half battery over.
Is the rear avoidance sensor stopping you? Obviously if you're in an open area, above anything, the answer is no.
Weird. Good luck!

Hi Greg,

Problem was solved 2 days ago and im already flying properly.
Then this is closed .
It will be cleaned when I have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972