DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Mavic Pro

RFG1022

Reactions
I had a question, how do some of you guys make that first voyage over water etc with the Mavic Pro. That's alot of money for something to go wrong and it gets dumped in the drink...

I had a question, how do some of you guys make that first voyage over water etc with the Mavic Pro. That's alot of money for something to go wrong and it gets dumped in the drink...

From what I've read you would want to disable obstacle avoidance if you'll be flying close to the water, within 10 or 15 feet, I think the water causes the obstacle avoidance to not function real well, other than that I see nothing different than flying over land, don't let the batteries get too low so the Mavic isn't forced to autoland, that would not be pretty over water.

Fly High.!
Manual says no less then 15 meters (30ft) above the surfase of still water
Don't fly with less then 20% battery
.................cR

Just seems scary especially for the money you pay for these DJI drones.

Just seems scary especially for the money you pay for these DJI drones.

If you are in their coverage area, State Farm PAP insurance will reduce the pucker factor. DJI Refresh will help, but you need a carcass to return to them to get a new one. If you choose, neither, I hope you're a good fisherman. ;)

statefarm_1.jpg

Reactions: JMF
With this being my first drone, do I need to register my drone with the FAA? I live in Southern California...

I use sport mode, when I first got the Pro I was skeptical but once I accepted that it’s technology and I’ll probably lose her someday , I go for it now lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With this being my first drone, do I need to register my drone with the FAA? I live in Southern California...

Yes....in fact it might be a good idea to go the the FAA's website and see what other rules you need to follow.

Yes....in fact it might be a good idea to go the the FAA's website and see what other rules you need to follow.

I don’t live in the states. But wanted to point out there is a ton of websites that charge a bunch of money to register for you and they are all scams

Register direct with the FAA don’t use a service. They charge you hundreds and maybe sent you stickers and pay the 5 bucks it really takes to register.

There is a post on the forum here somewhere that talks about this.

But here is a news link about it

FAA: Be Aware of Drone Registration Scams - Unmanned Aerial

Reactions: Drone_guy
If you are in their coverage area, State Farm PAP insurance will reduce the pucker factor. DJI Refresh will help, but you need a carcass to return to them to get a new one. If you choose, neither, I hope you're a good fisherman. ;)

View attachment 48794

If you lose drone over the water it’s going to be difficult to return the carcass. Is there no insurance that will pay for a lost drone?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zephaniah2001