DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My New Record... 1000 flights!

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hey I just passed 1000 flights today! Here's the nerd stuff based on the TXT flight records...
  • Mavic Pro Platinum - delivered August, 2018
  • Total Flight Time: 210.6 hours
  • Total Distance: 1632.7 miles
  • Average Speed: 7.75 mph
  • Average Battery at Takeoff: 93.9%
  • Average Battery at Landing: 47.0%
  • Total video time: 35.9 hours, 2.16 minutes/flight.

Congratulations! all 1000 flights stored in one device or one file?
Thanks.
I summarize all flight records into an Excel spreadsheet. All the Txt and CSV files are externally stored. I chose not to upload any fight records to anywhere. Besides, programming in VBA is my secondary hobby.?

You do a lot of short flights. LOL
Yes, there are some short ones in there. Sometimes my short flights are just to burn down batteries to 40 or 50% so they don't sit there for 3 days at 100%

Yes, there are some short ones in there. Sometimes my short flights are just to burn down batteries to 40 or 50% so they don't sit there for 3 days at 100%
I see. Normally I only charge the day before the flight. Or just let the 5 days timer in the battery to do its discharge if plan got changed.
I did the "burn down" a couple of times, which is too much work for me. LOL

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Hey y’all. I’m sure some of you have already figured this out, but I use the little USB adapter thing (that came with the MP) to charge my phone or iPad, as a way to run down the MP batteries. I just keep an eye on the battery and disconnect when it gets to around 50%.

Impressive. I only have 85 or so hours in 850 flights and a total distance of about 350 miles. I generally fly down to the high 20% mark but I head home long before that .. My Spark and Air have short legs
I have you beat in Video time though..Unless I forget..I just click on at takeoff leave it there...I'm very lazy

Hey y’all. I’m sure some of you have already figured this out, but I use the little USB adapter thing (that came with the MP) to charge my phone or iPad, as a way to run down the MP batteries. I just keep an eye on the battery and disconnect when it gets to around 50%.
Yeah, that's cool! I'm also using for my amps on my RC.

I am curious to know how many batteries were taken out of service over this period?
I have five batteries, three from flymore and two purchased separately, that I track constantly via the flight records. Only one of them is at a point that I don't trust as much as the others. The capacity is down in the mid 80's. It's still good. Once and a while I use it to fly low altitude and in close around my yard to practice flight maneuvers, and I use it for powering my RC antenna amps. None have any signs of expansion.

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 6.18.14 PM.png

The pattern for my flights has shifted from the Beginner's use of the landing pad, the training to understand the function of RTH and other sensors, a pattern that resulted in several flights, to today's flight pattern which is basically 1 flight per battery and always Tackoff from my right hand to landing in my right hand.

The pattern for my flights has shifted from the Beginner's use of the landing pad, the training to understand the function of RTH and other sensors, a pattern that resulted in several flights, to today's flight pattern which is basically 1 flight per battery and always Tackoff from my right hand to landing in my right hand.
Amazing how one's confidence grows with more flights. I remember how nervous I was on my first flight back in August 23, 2018. The flight only lasted 2 minutes, 21 ft altitude, and a maximum speed of 3.6 mph! :rolleyes:

Reactions: TTP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan