DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My New Year's Wish for my Mavic is .....

Mav3 Raw and DLog for zoom lens. FPV goggle support...2 hour battery life...All equally possible, it seems.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
A week of daily flying opportunities not interrupted by weather and all the other things that keep me out of the air...mainly life...lol...

Two hour flight sounds good. How about changing LOS to sight thru visual controllers.
I think the two hour battery life relates to goggles' battery life.
If I understand what you mean with your second point, flying using the image seen on a screen gives you no where near the field of view of the sky that you get when using you eyes to look at the sky,
Watch any drone camera recorded video of a flypast by birds and watch how quickly they appear and disappear through the edges of the field of view. So I think such a change is unlikely in the extreme, for hobby flyers at least.

I think the two hour battery life relates to goggles' battery life.
If I understand what you mean with your second point, flying using the image seen on a screen gives you no where near the field of view of the sky that you get when using you eyes to look at the sky,
Watch any drone camera recorded video of a flypast by birds and watch how quickly they appear and disappear through the edges of the field of view. So I think such a change is unlikely in the extreme, for hobby flyers at least.
Autel's App for their Evo3 is going to have picture in picture video allowing the operator to view the video feed coming from the Obstacle Avoidance cameras. You'll get to view what the OA cameras see. That will be interesting.

Shouldn't that be ....to keep missing Ents? After all, we do know 'trees' jump onto the flight path

I had to google Ents, though it must be a typo.
Recognise those from watching movies with the kids when they were young.
I see middle earth mentioned, they had one like that in one of the harry potter movies.

Autel's App for their Evo3 is going to have picture in picture video allowing the operator to view the video feed coming from the Obstacle Avoidance cameras. You'll get to view what the OA cameras see. That will be interesting.

It may be useful in post to capture the different camera shots, but the P.I.C. has a lot going on during the flight.

Six or more camera feeds could be overwhelming to process while flying. 🙃🙂

I had to google Ents, though it must be a typo.
Recognise those from watching movies with the kids when they were young.
I see middle earth mentioned, they had one like that in one of the harry potter movies.
In the book the Ent's and the 'trees' of their forest, Mirkwood?, dispose of the Orcs attacking or left over from the attack on Helm's Deep. This was missing from the cimema release, I heard it was in the special edition DVD, I really wanted to see the scene,
When I found the DVD on ebay the scene was only a few seconds long, I was gutted.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Wish list...

Maybe a separate 360° camera for BVLOS flights?

It seems one of the negatives of BVLOS is that the standard camera gives a limited view of the flight and the pilots situational awareness of the area.

What about a separate PIP window that had a 360° view of the world being viewed while wearing positioning sensitive goggles that track you head movements?

You could fly and look around during your flight.

We can fly drone on Mars that is waaay BVLOS. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick B.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67