DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My presentation about drones. What should I tell them?

Maybe some retirees could be bored, but certainly not all. After all, getting bored during a presentation is not limited to those of retirement age. I’m not sure how some of you think about seniors, but let’s be careful with the general assumptions, seniors are not monolithic. I’m well beyond retirement age, but I’m a details type of person and I would definitely be interested in and want to hear the types of topics in the stated outline. Different strokes for different folks, we’re all different, so I’d try to include topics that are interesting to potential flyers of any age.

Thank you guys, loads of ideas from almost around the globe. Great.
@BSauce955 Yes, the spying aspect should not be too big. They did however already ask about it, not wit these words.
@DJ Wes Great outline, I'll take inspiration and will adapt to UK (CAA here, not FAA, a finesse). Maybe I take a diff order 3,2,1
@Phantomrain.org Thanks for your your permission about the photos. Also some good ideas, but need to select carefully to get it all in into the available time.
@MAvic_South_Oz what did you mean with a "a large screen tele"? I have a reasonable room.
View attachment 137459
@thispilothere Agree, best video and pictures should win people over.

I have a slide with a pics of a CCTV cam, and a dashcam. Usually nobody gets upset about those, so....

@Chip Live streaming? Of what?
@MARK (LI) Seriously, hovering in this room? I doubt this can be good idea.
@The Fat Controller Am well aware about "death by PPT", I'm used to present, it's part of my day job, so far nobody fell asleep in many years :cool:

But I will keep contributing to this discussion and tell you about how it goes, no video though, privacy and all....

Anybody got a catchy title for the lot?
A bit cheeky, but if the ‘audience’ is already asking/expecting privacy issues - I’d title something like ‘Drones and your privacy’ and then make no mention of it in your presentation. They should be sufficiently interested in your photos, videos from a hobbyist perspective to forget all about the spying by the time you get to Q&A. Without meaning to offend anyone here, the avg age isn’t all that young (me included). I do enjoy presenting from unusual perspectives. Keeps the audience interested.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I would leave out the negative age comments that some have posted on this thread. Not all of us old farts will fall asleep during a half hour presentation.
In fact, if you notice the age of many of the posters on this forum, many are post retirement age. So you may be speaking to a group of tech-savvy people with the means to buy a drone and the desire to use it for photography. I have been considering giving such a presentation in my community (plenty of retirement age people) and I’m trying to figure out if I could let everyone who wants to to try the controls for a few seconds. They will see that it’s sort of easy, and get the bragging rights to the grandkids. Obviously, that flying part would be outside and non-flyers would be a safe distance away from the drone. And I, as PIC, would be right there to act as a kill switch if necessary.

I’m a lifelong photographer and bought my first drone, a DJI Inspire, when I was 68.

Thanks for many more comments. Much as I want to, I can't anymore answer to all of them. Rest assured I read all of them, and the longer ones repeatedly and in detail. Much appreciated.

About live streaming:
How do I get the drone's camera live view onto my MacBook, I'm ok with get it via projector onto the screen behind me. (I'm an all Mac & iPhone man, everything MS-Windows or Android has always been way to complicated for me.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark