DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My sad story - dealing with DJI

For everyone's info I just spent the 1/2 hour on the phone with DJI. I got the same story,, "have patience", we will elevate this.. You will hear from us within 24/48 hours.. feel free to call anytime..,etc, etc ...." i have texted them, phoned them.. I guess I will now email and see if I can get any answer... Maybe post my story on their forum also...

DJI has the worst customer service I've ever experienced by far, hands down. It took me 5 months from the time I paid for my Mavic until I actually got a (more or less) properly working one. I'll most definitely never purchase anything from DJI ever again, unless I get it from Amazon, which has a super easy return policy. Even then, not sure I'll ever purchase from them ever again at all, as sooner or later I may have to send it back to DJI and deal with their incompetent customer service.

@Caser41 might have his Mavic back by next week. Quite a story.

I got the information of who DJI mistakenly sent it to, and called him up. He told me he received it 2 weeks ago. He will be sending it to me tomorrow and as soon as I get it, I will forward it on to the birthday boy. The man who got it had been a previous DJI repair customer, and when he got the Mavic in the mail, he tried to contact DJI to tell them they sent it to the wrong person, but they never got back to him, so he just kept it in the box. He is an honest fellow, and I talked to him for quite a while about drones. I also offered him free parts and repair service for his Phantom for life. :)

So, hopefully a happy ending, and the OP will be flying again soon.

Thunderdrones.

I don't know how to thank you. I am a little concerned though. Hopefully in the box will be the Mavic pro & the controller. I see others have included a controller as DJI requested and did not get the controller and are going through problems as I have. However again thanks for what you are doing. I will cover any costs you incur of course. I wonder if I am going to have to pay duty on this.

It is due to people like you that should restore my interest in Drones.

G. Smith

Do you have a website & do you sell across border?

Ask for their supervisor, and their supervisor, and so on until you get to someone who can make your satisfaction actually happen! Don't let them hang up. Also important, ask for their name, extension, department and local. Everything and anything that lets you put them on the hook of responsibility and accountability. You've been abused by DJI and should accept no more of it!

Reactions: Etarts
Thunderdrones.

I don't know how to thank you. I am a little concerned though. Hopefully in the box will be the Mavic pro & the controller. I see others have included a controller as DJI requested and did not get the controller and are going through problems as I have. However again thanks for what you are doing. I will cover any costs you incur of course. I wonder if I am going to have to pay duty on this.

It is due to people like you that should restore my interest in Drones.

Do you have a website & do you sell across border?

Did you send them the battery as well? Do you want me to open the box and check contents before I send it to you? Im not sure about you having to pay duty, did you originally buy it in Canada? You already paid DJI for the repair and might have paid tax on it in Canada when you bought it, so I dont see why you would need to pay duty, but Im no expert.

I dont have a website, but I do sell worldwide. I sell locally, on eBay and of course, here on MP.

Reactions: mig25 and MavicMo
Did you send them the battery as well? Do you want me to open the box and check contents before I send it to you? Im not sure about you having to pay duty, did you originally buy it in Canada? You already paid DJI for the repair and might have paid tax on it in Canada when you bought it, so I dont see why you would need to pay duty, but Im no expert.

I dont have a website, but I do sell worldwide. I sell locally, on eBay and of course, here on MP.

Thunderdrones: Could you check the contents? I am concerned of the weight. As you pointed out it shows 1lb. I am not sure of the weight of the drone & controller. There was no battery.. I got the drone originally from DJI. There was no duty or shipping charges at that time.

Yes I can check everything for you and make sure it is there. There should be a Mavic and controller only?

I'll let you know when it gets here.

For my 75 Birthday due to my interest in drones, my wife bought me a mavic pro. However I had to send it back to DJI for repair/replacement after an accident. All went well at this point, DJI sent me shipping labels,etc. I packed up the drone and sent it back. Soon to receive an email that it was being returned. I received a tracking number. After a few days I checked the tracking number and found that it was being shipped to Dover, TN. I am in Red Deer, Canada. I called/texted DJI and let them know. They said they would get back to me in 24hrs. Never did. Soon the tracking # showed that it had been delivered and signed for in Dover, TN. I again contacted DJI. They said they would get back to me within 3 to 5 days. Never did. I again contacted DJI who told me it was being elevated for investigation.. They would get back to me in 24 hours. Couple more times, same results. On Friday past 26th May. I contacted them about getting my money back etc. They said they would get back to me Monday. Here it is Tuesday, nothing. Oh yes in conversation with one of the 4 or 5 agents, he told me that I would be getting a new tracking #, that didn't happen... So here I sit.. No Mavic, No money.. a lost interest in Drones... I don't know where to go next...
I had a similar problem with repair at DJI.i believe I had to make 6+ calls before the Mavic was repaired and back in my hands. I did buy some accessories, from Amazon.

That's what this forum is for. Check with DJI and then check here. You can always find the correct answer here, not necessarily the case with DJI.
Thunderdrones: I just get an email from DJI apologising for all the inconvenience and delay. They are sending me a tracking # for a replacement drone by the end of the day. Hopefully you haven't gotten and forwarded that drone from the other Smith yet...

Reactions: mig25
Thunderdrones: I just get an email from DJI apologising for all the inconvenience and delay. They are sending me a tracking # for a replacement drone by the end of the day. Hopefully you haven't gotten and forwarded that drone from the other Smith yet...

Havent received it yet from him.

The end of My Sad Story I hope. Today I received a replacement drone. I will spend the day re-doing the settings. First of all I say thanks to Thunderdrones who also was instrumental in trying to settle this issue. I know if I have any drone problems or require repairs I will go to him.
Also to all the members of this forum, thanks for the words of encouragement, suggestions & advice. All was appreciated.
And yes.. and finally to DJI who acted swiftly when the story reached the ears of someone who could make a decision: Overnight shipping from California to my abode in Red Deer, Canada.
Now if only the weather co-operates, rain & hail storms predicted....

Sometimes just contacting the right person gets amazing results. ;)
You are absolutely correct about that. It's called networking and properly used and not abused,it can produce amazing results. And to not only Caser41 but to all members please remember that it works both ways, If the opportunity arises please do not hesitate to offer a helping hand. I've noticed that most people on this forum do it all the time.Thumbswayup

Sorry to hear of your troubles brother, to give you a glimpse of hope,the exact same thing happened to me with a p3. It did take 2 months, but DJI did make it right. Good luck and as they said don't give up!

Reactions: Caser41
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vishal@12