DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My SRC Lanyard setup

Was about to post a thread asking for advice on the best lanyard. Guess that is it, when are you patenting it and releasing :)

Here's mine. I used the M4 x.7x12 bolts and small D-Ring picture hangers. Then I picked up a Fly More Bag Strap and am using that for the lanyard. I've got about $25 in it (thanks to @frank candor for the strap). I'll probably upgrade to the @Starz screws at some point.

Personally I found that I prefer two points of attachment. That way when leaning over, the screen and not rotate around that central point. But that is a neat looking fitting.
Me2, especially since I use a screen hood.

I picked up @Starz screw set and the peak leash with 200 lbs test rating, purchased the leash for $39 on amazon. A bit pricey but worth the money. I’m very pleased.5A34DA4B-945C-4B87-893C-B20A2A83A316.jpeg

I just bought this one form GPC.
I thought this setup was a workable idea about a week after I got my sc.
I just don’t have a 3D printer. So this was what I ended up with. I didn’t think the single point connection was a good idea either. This or the eyebolt screws work pretty well. Probably the 3D, will do what is intended.

Attachments

• 8EA271EC-C78B-4176-BEC0-3026B690ECE1.jpeg
    8EA271EC-C78B-4176-BEC0-3026B690ECE1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
Reactions: ff22
Little too much for me, less is best! Thx

Looks good! Your screws and a peak leash is solid enough for my needs

I'd definitely buy these if the screws were a lot smaller. I have the DJI Mavic hard case and there's no way the controller would fit in there with those bolts screwed in :( Need something that only sticks out about a 1/4 inch.

I'd definitely buy these if the screws were a lot smaller. I have the DJI Mavic hard case and there's no way the controller would fit in there with those bolts screwed in :( Need something that only sticks out about a 1/4 inch.
Most cases I’ve seen have a foam liner in the lid. Would you be able to put the rc in the case so that the bottom of the rc is facing the lid? If the rc will fit in the case with the bottom facing up, the screws would probably just rest in the foam part of the lid. I’ve made these screws in a 3/8 inch size, but I went to the 1/2 size so I could end up with a 1/4 hole. If you can live with a 1/8 or maybe a 3/16 hole, I can do that.

The problem I see with almost all lanyard setups so far is the screws increase the height of the controller significantly while in storage, unless you want to be fiddling with screws before every flight which kind of defeats a key purpose of the SC (fast setup). I don't really see any other way to do it though unless there is some sort of quick release eyelet available that doesn't extend beyond the threads when not in use. The SC *barely* fits upright in the main area of a Lowepro Droneguard BP250 and screws make it too tall to fit. Peak Design makes excellent straps though.

The problem I see with almost all lanyard setups so far is the screws increase the height of the controller significantly while in storage, unless you want to be fiddling with screws before every flight which kind of defeats a key purpose of the SC (fast setup). I don't really see any other way to do it though unless there is some sort of quick release eyelet available that doesn't extend beyond the threads when not in use. The SC *barely* fits upright in the main area of a Lowepro Droneguard BP250 and screws make it too tall to fit. Peak Design makes excellent straps though.

The additional height using the d-ring solution is fairly minimal.

Reactions: Greenflash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661