DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My stolen Mavic air

Same thing happened to my first mavic pro. Got insurance after that.

If it was registered to you, I wonder if DJI would be able to tell if the drone ever flies again. In the end probably not worth your time if the insurance already handled it since the stolen drone is now their property.

This is a picture of the man who stole my drone from my vehicle the other night. He was once a friend of mine. Obviously not anymore. surveillance footage captured the crime. I called the police, but they are useless. I was told that video surveillance footage alone is not enough for a conviction . if this guy tries to sell you a drone let me know and maybe together we can catch this creep.824BD860-88D2-46E7-996C-458C0B103C5F.pngnext time it could be yours

****Like Threads Merged Together ****

Reactions: dirkclod
If police are reluctant to act when you've handed the suspect to them on a plate, make it very clear to them that unless they act on the evidence you provided, you will approach the suspect yourself and 'work it out' (or suitable non-incriminating language). They will certainly warn you to not do that...and might even have a change of heart about doing it themselves.

• Sad
Reactions: Wyojet and AMann
Don’t approach someone in that apparent condition (reading the FB post) unless you are honestly trying to help them to get help out of concern as a friend. I understand he stole something of yours, but if his family is really noticing a mental health crisis, put that first over ‘working it out’ to get your drone back. If he still has it, helping him to get help may also get your stuff back later, especially sincenthe police aren’t helping you.

Good luck, I know it’s hard, had the same thing happen with a good friend that ended up taking money and stuff and then cutting every friend he knew off from his life as he went over to the dark side.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
If police are reluctant to act when you've handed the suspect to them on a plate, make it very clear to them that unless they act on the evidence you provided, you will approach the suspect yourself and 'work it out' (or suitable non-incriminating language). They will certainly warn you to not do that...and might even have a change of heart about doing it themselves.

I don’t agree with this because as noted in the Facebook post, his family reported he was going through something and that should be the first concern over anything else. But you are right, OP has good evidence of a crime and can pursue it later in a non-confrontational way after the suspect has been professionally helped if he really needed it for something as serious as a mental health crisis.

Edit - It is best for OP to just call the police if he finds out where the perp is:

3A7FE931-9475-4933-AAD3-E90B2842FE13.jpeg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123