DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My turn to try out DJI Refresh, yay...

Aran

Reactions
Yesterday was a little breezy but not too bad, so I figured a short flight wouldn't hurt just around the neighborhood since it was beautiful.

As I was coming back in to land the winds suddenly picked up, and about 20' up a gust caught my MP just right that it threw it into a tree 20' away. No big deal, I have a ladder, so I went to the garage.

As I was walking back, the wind blows again, the top of the tree whips back and forth, and WHAM, as it sways it throws the poor little drone solidly down at the ground.

Two broken legs, the gimbal broke off, and who knows what else damage.

So, I'm an idiot. It's on its way back to DJI and I have $79 less in the bank. Lesson learned.

The Spark is staying on the wall where it's hanging for a bit, no sense being down to 0 because I make the same mistake twice in a couple days of similar weather.

I’m a new owner of a Mavic Air. Although I’m always suspicious of any kind of extended warranties, I really liked the idea of not being out $800 dollars if I crashed it. So I did get the DJI Refresh. I’m very curious how easy it is to actually use it. Let us know how it goes!

I'm sorry for your loss, I feel your pain, my only drone casualty involved a tree too. Best of luck with DJI.

Just send it in, follow the instructions. They will check the logs, blame it on pilot error, charge you money, and send you a refurbished unit even if you ask them not to.

Just send it in, follow the instructions. They will check the logs, blame it on pilot error, charge you money, and send you a refurbished unit even if you ask them not to.
Eh, it was a refurb to begin with. Nothing wrong with a properly refurbished unit.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
My buddy chose not to get the DJ Refresh. He crashed it before he had time to get his credit card bill. Now he is wining he would have bought it as now he just has a pile of parts to look at.

I never stopped back to update the thread (And nobody noticed, I'm sure...) but I had my replacement refurb unit in my hands in about a week turnaround from shipping it in, no questions asked.

I never stopped back to update the thread (And nobody noticed, I'm sure...) but I had my replacement refurb unit in my hands in about a week turnaround from shipping it in, no questions asked.
That’s awesome to hear. I’m glad I got the refresh. Hopefully I never have to use it. I spoke with my local State Farm agent and I’m thinking of getting a policy through them also. It’s only 58 dollars a year and it will cover if I lost it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon