DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

N00b question...

Flash Grundelore

Reactions
I notice that the batteries for the MM are quite warm/hot when I remove them from the drone after use... is this normal?
Secondly, I unintentionally left the drone turned on, but inactive while I drove home from my first real flight experience... those batteries were quite warm as well, even without immediately prior use... just from the unit being switched on.
Chime in ??

I notice that the batteries for the MM are quite warm/hot when I remove them from the drone after use... is this normal?
Secondly, I unintentionally left the drone turned on, but inactive while I drove home from my first real flight experience... those batteries were quite warm as well, even without immediately prior use... just from the unit being switched on.
Chime in ??
it is normal for the batteries to get warm,during use and even though the drone appeared inactive it was still drawing power from the battery its best to remove batts from the drone after flight to allow them to cool down quicker the temp they reach will depend on the outside air temp during use and make sure you dont leave them in a hot vehicle or in direct sunlight

Thx, omm... what I figured, but it is better to ask than to pay the cost
you can ask anything about drone issues you may have, there is always someone on this forum who will help you good luck with your new hobby

Something I plan on doing just from advice I've been given is after discharging a battery from flying the drone (especially in the winter) to avoid rapid temperature changes in the battery which may also contribute to wear and tear is to place the battery in a fairly insulated bag which will result in a slightly slower cooling of the battery and it won't be exposed to the elements. I'm sure even a coat pocket would work just as well.

FYI never leave the MM powered on for long period of time when your not going to be flying, the MM does not have a built in cooling fan and relies like very specifically designed air ducts that channel air for cooling when the props are moving. The MM will even warn you when it gets to hot.

Respectfully,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak