DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NAMIBIA Spectacular roadtrip in 4K

Great vid Eric!

Can you please tell me where you got your sound effects from? Such as the “whoosh” noise when you speed ramp, the desert wind and eagle at the start if the film, etc?
I have my own library that I built over the years by recording sounds myself, downloading from places such as freesounds, epidemic sound, artlist etc etc. I am planning to do some free SFX pack/video in the future if you are interested for people to download and use however they please :)

Reactions: Malcx
Fantastic video. I was hooked from beginning to end. Didn’t want the video to end. Thanks for sharing
Appreciate it mate, thanks a lot!

I have my own library that I built over the years by recording sounds myself, downloading from places such as freesounds, epidemic sound, artlist etc etc. I am planning to do some free SFX pack/video in the future if you are interested for people to download and use however they please :)
Wow, that would be very cool and I’m definitely interested. As a new filmmaker, it would save me a lot of effort. Any ideas on when you might release that pack Eric?

Reactions: rikk08
Wow, that would be very cool and I’m definitely interested. As a new filmmaker, it would save me a lot of effort. Any ideas on when you might release that pack Eric?
Not sure yet but it's been planned for a while and I should find some time to work on it soon hopefully!

Fantastic, I wished some of the shots would have been longer.Thanks for sharing

Thanks :) :) Yeah I wish I could include more shots too as I had some many amazing ones but I wanted to try my best to keep it short and interesting. Thanks for watching :)

My cinematic take and a short compilation from some of the best drone shots I captured while exploring one of the most remote country on earth during a 4,045KM roadtrip around Namibia.

Watch in 4K and let me know what you think in the comments
smile.gif

Wow!
bowing.gif

• Love
Thank you!!! :D Link is in the description - mavic 2 pro - best drone I ever owned, however, the one I had back them had some issues with the camera in fact most of my shots I couldn't used them for longer due to camera jitter but still great drone all around. Incredible quality too such a drone that size.
A faulty drone must have been a big disappointment without access to a backup. Progressively, I’ve realized a backup drone is a necessity, particularly when traveling.
A captivating 4-1/2 min. You filmed many beautiful scenes. Quite a journey over so many miles. Great to have a companion with you. It would be nice to see an edit with more of the two of you. Did you capture a lot of journal/doc style footage with dialogue?

A faulty drone must have been a big disappointment without access to a backup. Progressively, I’ve realized a backup drone is a necessity, particularly when traveling.
A captivating 4-1/2 min. You filmed many beautiful scenes. Quite a journey over so many miles. Great to have a companion with you. It would be nice to see an edit with more of the two of you. Did you capture a lot of journal/doc style footage with dialogue?
Thank you for the comment mate :) I was a big disappointment indeed, I had one of the very first mavic 2 pro as it had just came out and I had priority access so that must have been the issue. I carried a backup drone to Iceland & Faroe Islands with me actually (the mavic air) but I barely got to use it because of so much wind and such poor quality when compared with the pro.
It was quite a journey indeed - 4049km in 2 weeks actually so there was a lot of driving :) I did not take any journal/doc style footage with me but I really should next time, if not in the form of vlog maybe a longer documentary for people interested in visiting the country and want to know more about it and our itinerary. Have you ever been to Namibia?

Thank you for the comment mate :) I was a big disappointment indeed, I had one of the very first mavic 2 pro as it had just came out and I had priority access so that must have been the issue. I carried a backup drone to Iceland & Faroe Islands with me actually (the mavic air) but I barely got to use it because of so much wind and such poor quality when compared with the pro.
It was quite a journey indeed - 4049km in 2 weeks actually so there was a lot of driving :) I did not take any journal/doc style footage with me but I really should next time, if not in the form of vlog maybe a longer documentary for people interested in visiting the country and want to know more about it and our itinerary. Have you ever been to Namibia?
No, I haven't been to Namibia or anywhere in Africa. My destinations are typically selected by my wife whose many hours looking for travel deals involve resorts like Ritz-Carlton, Grand Hyatt and the like. I flew my M2P a lot on a trip to Kauai and Maui last summer. The M2P handles the wind like a champ. I saw it bouncing around a lot in the air, but you'd never know it from the rock solid footage. I also like the longer focal length of the M2P. I don't have to fly quite so close to the trees.

Yes, the M2P is a fantastic drone. I got one shortly after they came out when my P3 4k had a brief water contact. I was ready for a new drone anyway. I crashed my M2P in the woods two weekends ago when flying from a boat. Can't rely on the obstacle avoidance around trees. I bought a MA2 for a trip last weekend while the M2P is being repaired. I figured I'd return it if I didn't like or need it. I actually really like it. It flies differently than the M2P and has a very interesting FPV mode not many people talk about. The FPV mode can create some very dramatic shots if flown well. Not something you'd use all the time, but cutting in some FPV really stands out. It'll be a good to have a backup and alternate available 'cause I hate to be without a drone.

Unfortunately, I was distracted while flying the MA2 last weekend and it dipped into a creek, went crazy and dove down to the bottom of the creek. It was in 4' of water for about 5 minutes as I walked out to retrieve it. It was still running when I fished it out. After a cursory dry off, two of the rotors weren't working, so I used the rice container for a day and it seems to be fine. I ordered the Rain Suit and Rescue Jacket from PhantomRain yesterday. I'll never use my smartphone as a display device again. The telemetry is impossibly small. Here's a pic of the creek I went into and another flight up on the ridge. This is near Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV.

Attachments

• HARMANS-CABINS_1.1.2.jpg
    HARMANS-CABINS_1.1.2.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 3
  • BEAR-ROCKS_1.13.1.jpg
    BEAR-ROCKS_1.13.1.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
That was really something special to watch! Thank You. The music kinda dug right into my brain it was perfect. You could almost do a class dissecting the whole video! I like how it had a human connection throughout. Made me feel like i was there!

No, I haven't been to Namibia or anywhere in Africa. My destinations are typically selected by my wife whose many hours looking for travel deals involve resorts like Ritz-Carlton, Grand Hyatt and the like. I flew my M2P a lot on a trip to Kauai and Maui last summer. The M2P handles the wind like a champ. I saw it bouncing around a lot in the air, but you'd never know it from the rock solid footage. I also like the longer focal length of the M2P. I don't have to fly quite so close to the trees.

Yes, the M2P is a fantastic drone. I got one shortly after they came out when my P3 4k had a brief water contact. I was ready for a new drone anyway. I crashed my M2P in the woods two weekends ago when flying from a boat. Can't rely on the obstacle avoidance around trees. I bought a MA2 for a trip last weekend while the M2P is being repaired. I figured I'd return it if I didn't like or need it. I actually really like it. It flies differently than the M2P and has a very interesting FPV mode not many people talk about. The FPV mode can create some very dramatic shots if flown well. Not something you'd use all the time, but cutting in some FPV really stands out. It'll be a good to have a backup and alternate available 'cause I hate to be without a drone.

Unfortunately, I was distracted while flying the MA2 last weekend and it dipped into a creek, went crazy and dove down to the bottom of the creek. It was in 4' of water for about 5 minutes as I walked out to retrieve it. It was still running when I fished it out. After a cursory dry off, two of the rotors weren't working, so I used the rice container for a day and it seems to be fine. I ordered the Rain Suit and Rescue Jacket from PhantomRain yesterday. I'll never use my smartphone as a display device again. The telemetry is impossibly small. Here's a pic of the creek I went into and another flight up on the ridge. This is near Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV.
**** man that's unfortunate to hear !! I usually like to turn off obstacle avoidance when flying around sensitive objects (such as trees) and take extra careful as I crash can be super expensive! The MA2 is an amazing drone, I only have the MA which has much worse quality than the MA2 but yeah I do miss how small the drone was and how good it flew. This is the only video I had made with it back in the day:

The creek looks amazing! Hope your drone will be fine and back to flying like normal cause there seems to be a few crazy places right were you live :)

Epic! Beautifully shot & edited. Up with the best I’ve come across on the forum! In the same league as Niklas Christl.

This mean a lot to, thank you - much appreciated ??

Reactions: Squidinc
That was really something special to watch! Thank You. The music kinda dug right into my brain it was perfect. You could almost do a class dissecting the whole video! I like how it had a human connection throughout. Made me feel like i was there!
Much appreciated mate, thanks for watching and for the comment :)

Eric- that was really special. I loved watching it. We were in Namibia in November, 2015. I did not have a drone at that time, but did a lot of photography, including time lapse. See the stills, if you wish, www.daledavisphotography.smugmug.com. and hit Browse, and then Namibia. Your video of the deserted town of Kolmanskop were amazing. Was the music. "Corners of the Earth."?
Hi Dale, sorry for the super late reply! Yes, song is Corners of the Earth by Odesza. Incredible country indeed!! Loved viewing the photos and would really love to go back someday!

Brilliant video of a beautiful country. Great mix of shots and lighting and v clever editing. Superb music choice. Thanks for sharing such wonderful work. M
It really is a brilliant country indeed. Appreciate your comment, thank you :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura