DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

Ooh! I thought that using the 2 usb ports simultaniously didn't work? Ok, so what do i need exactly in addition to "boost" my modded tx?

Actually, you are using the MaxUAV kit. You'll need to check what type of socket it uses on the remote side. Mine is RP-SMA with FPVLR kit. If theirs is SMA, then you'll need a different adapter that's SMA Male to SMA Male.

Actually, you are using the MaxUAV kit. You'll need to check what type of socket it uses on the remote side. Mine is RP-SMA with FPVLR kit. If theirs is SMA, then you'll need a different adapter that's SMA Male to SMA Male.

It goes to RP-SMA as well.. are the amps sold by maxxuav the same specs? Looks the same, dunno what's inside the shell though. You have a plan how to fit them on the tx? Looking at the size and if only used 1 for rc it should go well on the back middle, got a 5.3 cm wide flat surface there. Not sure how to get a powerbank there if used, maybe longer usb cable and powerbank into pocket?!

It goes to RP-SMA as well.. are the amps sold by maxxuav the same specs? Looks the same, dunno what's inside the shell though. You have a plan how to fit them on the tx? Looking at the size and if only used 1 for rc it should go well on the back middle, got a 5.3 cm wide flat surface there. Not sure how to get a powerbank there if used, maybe longer usb cable and powerbank into pocket?!

The amp is the same one sold by MaxxUAV. For the power bank, I'll Velcro it to the backside of my iPad mini 4. Regarding the amps, I'm not mounting mine. They will be simply screwed on the sma connectors of controller and antenna directly onto the amps. I'm using 2 amps, as it claims 12dB RX gain and 15-18dB TX gain. I'll test if the receiver amp really adds any benefit.

So from what i understand : i can use a small powerbank (4400mAh, 5v/2.1A max output) and plug the booster into this (i will try the left antenna option for now) Should last 2h with a single charge? This i already have and i can use velcro to attach it to the back if my galaxy note4.
Should the booster/powerbank be switched on after switching on the tx? What does the booster do if not powered but still connected to antenna?
Sorry lots of questions, first time boosting!!
Maybe Jake already drawing plans for a evolite Mavic version?! Maybe....

So from what i understand : i can use a small powerbank (4400mAh, 5v/2.1A max output) and plug the booster into this (i will try the left antenna option for now) Should last 2h with a single charge? This i already have and i can use velcro to attach it to the back if my galaxy note4.
Should the booster/powerbank be switched on after switching on the tx? What does the booster do if not powered but still connected to antenna?
Sorry lots of questions, first time boosting!!
Maybe Jake already drawing plans for a evolite Mavic version?! Maybe....

You'll get over 4 hours from that power bank. The amp should draw around 1A or less. The amp comes with several power cables, one of which is a USB cable.

You could try without power bank, just using the controller USB. You won't get the full 3 watts boost, but you likely won't need that much anyway. That's serious power.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalem168
Hey everyone! The ItElite NanoSync antenna for the DJI Mavic is coming soon! We've added a placeholder to our website where you can sign up to be notified via e-mail as soon as pre-orders start. The current ETA is about 2 - 3 weeks. Maxx UAV will be one of the few exclusive dealers for this antenna.

This will be smaller than our DBS02 antenna, but still pack a powerful punch!

If you'd like to be notified, click this link to sign-up: NanoSync Antenna (For the DJI Mavic)

Current price is set at $109 but is subject to change at launch. Chuck from DBS Mods has been testing this antenna with very good results (see attached picture)
I have accidentally broke one side of stock antenna at the hinge pin. have it back on but no real connection to lead wire comping up to it. Do not want to send to DJI so I won't have to wait for them to get their act together. This is perfect. Have ordered with install.

Anyone seen/ got the " drone-world maxxmod " stuff yet? Another false hope or really better signal?

No better than what you already have. It's the FPVLR designed circular polarizing type. They are good as well, but the patch type you have are just as good. If you look at all the leader boards for phantom 3 or 4 range, the dbsmod (patch type) dominate the board.

I guess everyone advertizes with "superior object penetration" and " double the range" . Really looking forward what the booster will do. Hope to do a test on wednesday, waiting for the booster to arrive. I could not find any info on what the left and right antennas do though. I assume the left one is tx and right one the rx. Or is it shared tx/rx? (Any documentation on this?)
To really help the mavic out there should be boosting on the aircraft itself id think. Increasing sensitivity at controller level could work but im sceptical....

I guess everyone advertizes with "superior object penetration" and " double the range" . Really looking forward what the booster will do. Hope to do a test on wednesday, waiting for the booster to arrive. I could not find any info on what the left and right antennas do though. I assume the left one is tx and right one the rx. Or is it shared tx/rx? (Any documentation on this?)
To really help the mavic out there should be boosting on the aircraft itself id think. Increasing sensitivity at controller level could work but im sceptical....
Left antenna is transmit. Yes, it would be best to amplify the signal on the craft as well. I will likely do that eventually. I bought 2 amplifiers, so ready for that.

Reactions: emilford
Innocent question and request here; Extended antennas are great. I use the Argtek for my Phamtom 4 because it was needed for distance. It's done a great job. However, I've flown out 3 miles with my Mavic, using the stock antennas in the desert with clear LOS. No problem with signal. However, I didn't have much battery left upon return. (kind of windy and used sport mode). Why would I need need more antenna if the stock battery is insufficient to take you out and back? REQUEST; I'd love to see a mod that provides an HDMI output for FPV (Cinemizers).

Last edited:
Everyone has reason for it, sometimes it just fun modding stuff. For me: see my location. it's EU. it's CE region. This means we do not even get half the output FCC regions get. On top of this boosting range means better performance/connecton mid-range. In case successful having a long range mod see thread: Mavic Pro Battery Mod
HDMI would be great indeed.

Fantastic!! First thing that comes to mind: "resistance is futile..." . I want to know!!!! DOES IT WORK?????

Innocent question and request here; Extended antennas are great. I use the Argtek for my Phamtom 4 because it was needed for distance. It's done a great job. However, I've flown out 3 miles with my Mavic, using the stock antennas in the desert with clear LOS. No problem with signal. However, I didn't have much battery left upon return. (kind of windy and used sport mode). Why would I need need more antenna if the stock battery is insufficient to take you out and back? REQUEST; I'd love to see a mod that provides an HDMI output for FPV (Cinemizers).

because control signal lost within 1 mile when you are overflying a city with tons of interference

because control signal lost within 1 mile when you are overflying a city with tons of interference
Hey! And what a city that is!! Thanks for the L-antenna boosting tip. I checked your healthydrones link. Did show an excessive amount of data loss though. was this still workable?

1 amp for antenna at left side is ok
according to.dji china forum, the usb port on mavic remote control can provide up to 5V 2A, so it is enough for the amp, but you have to root your android device to disable phone charging

You can measure the USB port yourself. It is no where near 2A, nor 1A. It's more like .5A tops which is the default for a USB 2.0 port. This means that your amp is running at a fractional power, only pulling 2.5 watts maximum from the port which would translate to much less power output at the amp output due to loss in the electronics.

Edit: I just measured mine at .5A with my phone and AccuBattery app. Perhaps the current is higher without the USB handshake done between phone and port? You should try with a good USB power bank. You might be surprised with a stronger transmitter signal.

Last edited:
Hey! And what a city that is!! Thanks for the L-antenna boosting tip. I checked your healthydrones link. Did show an excessive amount of data loss though. was this still workable?

it is Hong Kong, data loss caused by not 100% clear LOS (tree and building)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu