DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

Ordered mine today. Love what you did for my inspire. I do have a question, will the boosters i have on the inspire setup work on this
Hey, what range are you getting with the boosters on the Inspire, I wanna do the same........

Just the once for a test I went out to 7km. This was in ideal conditions in controlled airspace though. I generally would go no further than 1500m. But with this system I have 100% signal all the time and full confidence

Last edited:
I want to know the performance and spec difference between the Nanosync and the ITE-DBS02.2

People,

I did install the ITE-DBS02.2 (DJI Mavic Pro Edition) on to my Mavic Pro controller and tested it out. Quite frankly I still have not experienced anything mildly close to the bragged extend flight range of 30,000 feet... Did I do something wrong? I live in Virginia and yes there are obstacles with respect to trees and other things but if I make a comparison in flying with and without this mod I still I'm losing signal when I reach a distance from the controller of between 3000 and 4000 feet. Where is the improvement that comes forth with the MOD? I'm not sure I've seen it. I would love to enjoy the benefits of what has been Bragged. Your Response is greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Mike

Hi all, new here but not new to rc flying.
I can confirm the above. DBS 02.2 does NOT increase range. In Europe: stock 4km, dbs 02.2 4km but with less stable RC at distance (Video is slightly better). Itelite themselves confirmed with me (both US and Poland): the ITE DBS 02.2 is NOT suitable for Mavic. They do not advertise this product for Mavic themselves. They are a true customer minded company, this i can tell.
I have tested this in equivalent circumstances. Me on a hill with perfect LoS. Hardly any sources of interference.

Last edited:
Wait I bought the DBS02.2, is this a better antenna?

I have corrected my post above, the observed connection should have been: with DBS02.2 the HD is slightly better, RC is worse compared to stock. The NanoSync is tailored for the Mavic but I do not know yet if it lives up to what ItElite claims... I still have to test it and compare to stock and DBS02.2 but weather won't cooperate. What I can tell is that DBS02.2 was a major disappointment with Mavic.

I for myself would never sacrifice the extreme portability of the mavic with it's controller for a bulky 3rd party antenna of doubtful spec.
Not to mention that I have never experienced range issues with the stock antennas...

I for myself would never sacrifice the extreme portability of the mavic with it's controller for a bulky 3rd party antenna of doubtful spec.
Not to mention that I have never experienced range issues with the stock antennas...

I don't know where you're from but the CE mode pinching the output...when you're in FCC region it's easy talk.

Reactions: Sew
I have corrected my post above, the observed connection should have been: with DBS02.2 the HD is slightly better, RC is worse compared to stock. The NanoSync is tailored for the Mavic but I do not know yet if it lives up to what ItElite claims... I still have to test it and compare to stock and DBS02.2 but weather won't cooperate. What I can tell is that DBS02.2 was a major disappointment with Mavic.

I think I am going to pick up the nanosync and do a test. I have two controllers. One stock and one modified. I can attempt to do a comprehensive test.

Reactions: emilford
Charging now.. same here. 2x rc. 1 for portability, 1 for hopefully range. Hoping the gusts will not increase...

So. I did try the nanosync but not convinced yet. In the south of the Netherlands there are hills and i happen to reside in a "bowl" in between them. I did try stock and dbs02 from this location before and since i wasn't able to go to my hill for a proper "unobstructed" test i had to settle with the bowl today. Problem is, because the hills are not tall yet nearby (sometimes with houses/trees on top), the further you travel beyond them (max altitude used is 100m) the more it is likely an object will be in the slant. It makes fair testing more or less unreliable. With dbs02 i was not able to go further than 1500m in a certain direction and i would be prompted RTH. Also the image would get choppy and i'd chicken out. With the nanosync at this point (lot of interference, single bar) i was able to push beyond this area and the signal jumped up to 4 bars again. I was able to continue up to 4km with 3 bars and great image, sometimes dropping into a single red bar suddenly..luck? Or just the punch nanosnyc gives? In another direction an additional km as well before Mavic got disconnected and started RTH (beyond congested town, flew around it an after that connection gone...this was because a hill with lots of trees AND interference for sure. More altitude could have solved this). So far i give nanosync the benefit but im charged again and will do a benchtest tomorrow from my hill where no object stands in between me and mavic. Hopefully the thermal winds will have mercy (sorry, this still cracks me up...).

Last edited:
Test done. Verdict: i will revert to use of stock tx. No significant improvement in range, bulky to transport, risky mod and it's not free....still could be that CE output is not sufficient for this antenna to work properly, too bad maybe not even considered by itelite.... Another test over open water would be needed to prove the mod is not worth the effort but there is none in this area. Im convinced though.

Ps: modified mavic tx fore sale!!!

Test done. Verdict: i will revert to use of stock tx. No significant improvement in range, bulky to transport, risky mod and it's not free....still could be that CE output is not sufficient for this antenna to work properly, too bad maybe not even considered by itelite.... Another test over open water would be needed to prove the mod is not worth the effort but there is none in this area. Im convinced though.

Ps: modified mavic tx fore sale!!!

I reached the same conclusion with the FPVLR. The stock setup is actually really good for how compact it is. I only saw around 20% improvement over stock. It is nice to have, but it's not the kind of improvement that I was expecting. Perhaps we simply had unrealistic expectations.

I have the Nanosync from Maxx UAV coming in the mail today. These posts are disappointing. I think I'll wait to see if others get any better results before installing or just sending it back to Maxx...

Reactions: JoKhool
Indeed. Had previously read what dbs mod did for P3p/adv and had hope it would be possible for Mavic too.. i guess it's either boosting signal or stick to the fantastic stock..gives me more than specified by DJI at least under non-ideal circumstances. No harm done besides wasting money and time but it was worth a try, at least for other's sake. It keeps the hobby interesting.

Indeed. Had previously read what dbs mod did for P3p/adv and had hope it would be possible for Mavic too.. i guess it's either boosting signal or stick to the fantastic stock..gives me more than specified by DJI at least under non-ideal circumstances. No harm done besides wasting money and time but it was worth a try, at least for other's sake. It keeps the hobby interesting.

for Mavic Pro, RC signal is much weaker than video in my experience, and RC signal only work on left antenna.

So, I add a sunhans 2.4g 3W booster at left antenna and use a no brand china antenna (cost $50 usd)
sunhans 3 watt boost is usb power by the remote controller usb port (5v)

result : 3km with full signal at high congested wifi city
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

only left handside antenna need to be boosted for RC signal
16836602_10155310974270579_7774178200425814166_o.jpg

use USB 5V
16826210_10155310974330579_5553003942281754285_o.jpg

portable diy design
16797204_10155310974465579_8492007814372805256_o.jpg

3km range at high congested wifi city with full signal
Screenshot_2017-03-24-02-59-16-252_com.alensw.PicFolder.png

Screenshot_2017-03-24-02-59-25-533_com.alensw.PicFolder.png

Screenshot_2017-03-24-03-00-37-996_com.android.chrome.png

for Mavic Pro, RC signal is much weaker than video in my experience, and RC signal only work on left antenna.

So, I add a sunhans 2.4g 3W booster at left antenna and use a no brand china antenna (cost $50 usd)

View attachment 9168

use USB 5V
View attachment 9169

portable diy design
View attachment 9170

View attachment 9171

View attachment 9172

View attachment 9173

I'm going big! I order 2 of these amplifier plus 2 RP-SMA to SMA adapters. I'll run those straight to the RX and TX antenna and put a small USB power pack under my ipad mini 4. These amps are so light that I won't even mount them, but rather have them directly inline with the FPVLR antennae.

View attachment 9168

use USB 5V
View attachment 9169

portable diy design
View attachment 9170

View attachment 9171

View attachment 9172

View attachment 9173

Ooh! I thought that using the 2 usb ports simultaniously didn't work? Ok, so what do i need exactly in addition to "boost" my modded tx?

Ooh! I thought that using the 2 usb ports simultaniously didn't work? Ok, so what do i need exactly in addition to "boost" my modded tx?

Only the data won't work in both, but they are both powered at 5V, or at least the standard USB on the bottom is.

I'll use my USB powerbank which has 2A output instead to ensure that the amp is getting full power. That USB on the remote puts out less than 500ma.

Reactions: MisterMavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman