DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

nanuk 920 hardcase question

Eric17

Reactions
Hi guys looking at a new nanuk 920 hardcase in orange. Do you guys that use these have a way to fit a ipad mini in there like the pelican case?

The iPad mini only fits in the yellow ones. Haha. jk.
I don't have one of these cases, but the way it looks like, I will be buying one this coming week.
I was planning on buying a Go Professional Case . They have one in the works right now that can fit an iPad mini, currently taking pre-orders, but I need my case by next sunday (as I am leaving for work for 4 months on the 24th), and no one delivers on the weekend, so it would have to deliver by friday. And looking at just a regular case, it wouldn't deliver to me by friday, so if their iPad mini case WOULD be ready by monday, I wouldn't get it in time. GoProfessional says they've ran into issues with production.
So with that being said, I will be buying a Nanuk 920 case as well.
In a mavic group I am in on Facebook, someone posted a pic about their iPad mini with the 920 case. I asked him if it is possible to put the iPad behind the top foam, and he said you can't as the foam is glued to the sides and bottom. Then the picture he posted was this

17883902_1442337975841308_2806413139982676563_n.jpg

I then asked him if there was a chance of the screen getting scratched (I do have a screen protector on it though) or the props getting bent.
And this was his response (and I quote):

"When I put very moderate pressure down on the iPad the props barely move it they actually move at all. And the screen is not getting a whole lot of pressure on it so cracking is out of the question. As far as scratching it shouldn't scratch whatsoever so long you don't have anything Sharp sticking off the drone or the pocket in the upper left."

So that is my 2 cents on the subject. But like I said, it looks like I'll end up buying a 920 case this coming week (when Easter is over with, as I'm not sure what the store hours are that have the case here. But they may be open on saturday. So I may go check it out tmrw)

But I can give you my first hand account on this subject after I purchase one and have it all sorted out.

I purchased my case this morning. I went with the graphite (I have a Nanuk 945 graphite for my camera and lenses etc). I like yellow, but the case was a little too bright. Will show the scuffs etc more.

I put my iPad mini behind the top foam. In mine, the foam is not glued in. There are just a few small round velcro pieces holding the foam in. I just made sure the screen is against the foam. Also the foam won't (fully) stay against the velcro with the iPad in there. So you have to let the iPad go to the bottom of the lid, and as you're closing the lid, hold the foam there with your hand as you close it
But I think it'll work. It doesn't seem to put excess pressure on the Mavic.

thanks for the responses, I am thinking of the olive one now lol. the hard case I have, I put my ipad in and laid a small piece of foam on it then closed it, the nanuk is a little bigger than my current cheap one so even better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78