DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Navigation LED lights WONT turn off !

ninja_geezer

Reactions
On some night shots i can pickup the faint pulse of the front Nav lights ,i dont think these can be switched off does anyone else notice this ?
once i get the footage onto a large Tv it can be noticed more.i can think if a temp fix with tape or blutac but would be nice to be able to turn them off.

Last edited:
I would just put tape over them, I don’t think you can turn them off. I’ve never seen that option in the Fly app.
Regards

Front lights can be shut off and will do so automatically in video/photo mode if selected, rear lights should not be visible in normal conditions, in really high humidity perhaps, but then picture would be degraded as well...as mentioned no option to shut them off. I use a high viability strobe and have never seen in it captured video ;)

Last edited:
On some night shots i can pickup the faint pulse of the rear Nav lights ,i dont think these can be switched off does anyone else notice this ?
once i get the footage onto a large Tv it can be noticed more.i can think if a temp fix with tape or blutac but would be nice to be able to turn them off.
I have yet to see that on my Air S2 can you post that video ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the Rain.

I have yet to see that on my Air S2 can you post that video ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the Rain.
yes i just doing some testing ,i have seen it twice now so far with the Air 2 s when watching the raw footage on my Sony 55 inch HDR/Dolby vision TV .i cannot see it at all on my small 22 inch computer monitor.my guessing is the TV is so much more sensitive so i am testing this over the next 2 days ,tonight i will do the same flight with rear LED taped up and check out the outcome.

Reactions: Gagey52
Front lights can be shut off and will do so automatically in video/photo mode if selected, rear lights should not be visible in normal conditions, in really high humidity perhaps, but then picture would be degraded as well...as mentioned no option to shut them off. I use a high viability strobe and have never seen in it captured video ;)
Exactly. I've wondered how add-on "strobes" would affect pic / vids esp if on front arms up near camera at night or low light. I need to get some to keep VLOS even at a couple hundred feet on occasion as the drone can go "STEALTH" mode on me.

Reactions: Gagey52
ok so more testing tonight .a strange thing ive noticed ,when on the ground no motors running if i take a picture or start video the front green led nav nights turn off .as soon as i start the motors or fly the leds stay on all the time why is this ?surely they are meant to act the same if in the air or it is pointless.or am i missing a setting somewhere. this is why i can see them in the video its the front green ones staying on :confused:

Mine do not shut off to take pics or video only when motors are off.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
right so finished testing .i still get the pulsing on the video at night with all the leds covered completely any ideas ?

You need to post some video so I can duplicate the flight tonight

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Iwill try ,i think you need to watch the raw footage on a large tv to see what i am getting ,on youtube when its compressed i cannot see it ! but in its raw state its quite bad in some parts, very strange i cannot see it on my laptop its only bad on a good 4k screen my tv is a decent one hdr /dolby vision so maybe its more visible .i will see if i can link to a raw file later .i was going to say ive never seen it before but we only watch other peoples footage on YouTube not the real deal so to speak.

Iwill try ,i think you need to watch the raw footage on a large tv to see what i am getting ,on youtube when its compressed i cannot see it ! but in its raw state its quite bad in some parts, very strange i cannot see it on my laptop its only bad on a good 4k screen my tv is a decent one hdr /dolby vision so maybe its more visible .i will see if i can link to a raw file later .i was going to say ive never seen it before but we only watch other peoples footage on YouTube not the real deal so to speak.
I am one of the few i guess that has mine hooked up to the my large screen 180 inch so I should be able to see it.
One thing I have noticed is that pictures that seem a little dark light up much nicer on the large Screen which is why you be right about the glowing light.

This is also why I prefer a little bit darker picture for my collection .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the RAIN and Land on the Water.

I am one of the few i guess that has mine hooked up to the my large screen 180 inch so I should be able to see it.
One thing I have noticed is that pictures that seem a little dark light up much nicer on the large Screen which is why you be right about the glowing light.

This is also why I prefer a little bit darker picture for my collection .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the RAIN and Land on the Water.
Ok so i think i have solved the mystery.i could not replicate the pulsing/flashing on any device it only was evident on the large 4k tv.i tried 3 other screens all ok i tried my Samsung phone capable of 4k HDR nothing.....got me thinking was it something on my main TV the Sony.i went into some settings and enabled random noise reduction believe it was called .i have since not seen it ,i will leave all the led lights on tonight and got for a fly in the dark again to see if i am correct,i do hope so as swapping the drone is a PITA, ive only just put the decal girl skin on this last weekend as well. overall i am pretty impressed with the night time footage using iso 3200 shutter 1/25 4k ,24 or 25 fps.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Update : i flew last night in the dark watched the footage back no pulsing /flashing it was my tv after all.
i was convinced it was the led lights....:p

Reactions: Thomas B
On some night shots i can pickup the faint pulse of the front Nav lights ,i dont think these can be switched off does anyone else notice this ?
Just had this problem. I think this is video compression. For every X compressed frames there's one key frame containing "full" information. This pulse you see is probably the keyframe which holds more noise too due to the lack of compression. Try record something at 60fps and see if the pulse rythm change or double compared to 30fps or lower.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242