DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters for Dlog

vince-fr

Reactions
Hi everyone,
I use a mavic 2 pro and I edit my video on FCPX.
My question is : since I film in Dlog, and use LUTS, are ND filters more adapted than ND/PL? It seems that ND/PL bring some changes in the colors of the videos, that alter the LUTS in post... I wonder if NDs would be more in accordance with the use of LUTS (except on reflective surfaces of course), or am I mistaking?

Just use ND to help get your shutter about double frame rate, ie shutter 1/50 to 24fps etc.

Yes the ND PL will cut glare off water etc, so if you need that then use the polariser version, but they are a pain in the backside with drones, having to set them right to shoot your scene, perhaps several returns and adjustments, and that is in one direction of flight . . . if you change direction this needs to be done again if you want to maintain the 'see through' water surface, or glare free ice etc.

Life's too short for PL, unless you want a specific ocean scene and see the sea bed / reef / marine life, and are willing to take the time and effort to get it.

You can get enriched colour with an NC-UV or MC-UV, but then you would be better getting shutter and frame right
. . . and you're correct, you LUTS can be used to do this too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada