DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters for drones photography, timelapses and videography (contains video)

Many thanks! I'm a big fan of your clear and concise videos

Like you, I don't miss the American method of increasing their biometric numbers by simply waffling on at length and going off at tangents. It makes those videos tedious to watch. The ND one is the only one of Videopic's films I have watched so far (just now at the start of this thread) and it was refreshing to get concise information that wasn't diluted with drivel. Thumbswayup

Reactions: hiflyer201
maybe someone could add to this thread with some technique tips:

Which ND to use when... touched on in Videopic film.
How to utilise a polariser when you can't spin it for the particular orientation at the time!

Reactions: hiflyer201
The only way I can think of being able to use the polariser on the drone effectively is to hand hold the drone at near as you can the angle of shooting, turn the polariser to suit, then go and fly that shot. To take the shine off car bonnet/windscreen or off the surface of water a polariser is indispensible, I use one all the time on the camera, but I have control of it because it is only just in front of my face! With a drone out at 50 yards away, I know I am shaped like a Gibbon, but my arms aren't that long.

How do you know a)when a filter is needed and b) which type to use?
If your talking about ND filters (subject of this thread) the answer is simple- light reading and target shutter speed, ISO and AV gives the answer, if an ND is required and which one.

Hey there Mavic pilots. I have been using PolarPro ND filters for many years. I have every PolarPro ND filters made for the M2P and using these filters are essential for photographs and video footage.

The easiest way to find out which ND filter is required to shoot Cinematic looking photos and video footage is to use the PolarPro Shutter Speed Calculator. It is FREE at the App Store on your cell phone or tablet.

8f8274664c81592ad4a56873e98b4206.jpg

5a9bdfe36c63fd95c72af9c2de86c9a9.jpg

Hey there Mavic pilots. I have been using PolarPro ND filters for many years. I have every PolarPro ND filters made for the M2P and using these filters are essential for photographs and video footage.

The easiest way to find out which ND filter is required to shoot Cinematic looking photos and video footage is to use the PolarPro Shutter Speed Calculator. It is FREE at the App Store on your cell phone or tablet.

8f8274664c81592ad4a56873e98b4206.jpg

5a9bdfe36c63fd95c72af9c2de86c9a9.jpg
360, 180, 90, 45- we round the 45 up to 1/50s which conveniently is the lowest shutter speed you should consider for 24fps. That’s 3 stops- ND8 (2,4,8). So, in less time than it should take to open the app we get the answer. Do this twice in the field and it’s second nature.

My question to you is what is a “cinematic photo”???? Have you seen that in some advertising blurb somewhere?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO