DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NE OHIO

sneakypete

Reactions
Can we discuss locations? The best places to fly include spots in CVNP, which is a national park and prohibit our kind.

I really want to fly on the kendall trail. It has some great rock formations and look outs.

How do you guys handle all these areas that prohibit flying? What are the repercussions of flying in the park? I was in Vail, CO recently and wanted to fly from the top of the mountain but heard they will take your mavic. I feel like I so restricted.

Any good suggestions of areas in NE Ohio that provide great footage and also wont get in trouble?

Reactions: jeffreydepp
New to the area but would love to get togather with fellow droners. CVNF is great[emoji23]
Canton is fair, but I think vermilion may have some good water shots.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: PaulzOx
Avon here and newbie. Would love to fly with some locals here. Let me know if anyone goes out.

I'm new as well. I'm in Tuscarawas county which is just South of Canton area. Trying to get others involved but no one around has a mavic that I know of. Would like to get together some weekend and share tips and tricks.

In Lorain County.. would be sweet for some meet ups in the near future. Suffering serious "drone anxiety" (fear of $1,200 flying off never to be seen again.. [emoji848][emoji15]

YouTube can only do so much for a guy!

Ostrander Ohio flying everyday out of my back door, can go 1.5 miles two directions. Getting deer coyote on film love my mavic.

Would be fun to get together I agree

I have a very large park by me where I practice. It seems like it's the perfect place BUT, there is some power line issues (signal issues and worry about the lines). If anyone has a great practice place, I would love to know where.

In regards to CVNP - CVNP is relatively narrow and some portions could be filmed while launching, operating, and landing from outside the park. Flying over a National Park is not prohibited. "The closures do not apply to the flight of unmanned aircraft in the airspace above a park if the device is launched, landed, and operated from or on lands and waters that are not administered by the NPS." To:

Lake County checking in here. Got a few places nearby but to be honest only joined the mavic crowd this week :)

Smith.
Welcome to the club.

So I found a YouTube channel called test flight. They seem to be pretty legit and operate out of canton. If I ever find any time I will hit them up and see where they fly and or maybe want to join in. I am thinking breakfast and flights maybe.

They are FliteTest. From their videos I can see they have a building right by (just East of) the Hall of Fame bridge. They do some of their flying there.

Checking in from Hinckley home of the buzzards. Just have a few flights in so far and loving every second. Glad to see other Mavic owners in our area and yes it would be great to get together. At first there was information overload but I am getting comfortable with my Mavic and starting to get familiar with all of features. Need to get up to speed on camera settings and editing. Any suggestions on editing software?

I live in Bedford and I am looking for good places to fly in NE Ohio. If anyone would like to meet up sometime let me know. I also put an order in for the goggles and should have them sometime next month if anyone would like to check those out.

Kamm's Corner area of West Cleveland reporting in. Owned my Mavic for 5 hrs now. Not even sure where it's safe to fly. Hope to meet some of you in the area.

Welcome. Used to live in West Park area. On Melbourne Ave. Went to Newton D Baker JH. You're in a "no fly zone" since you're within 5 mile radius of Hopkins. If you want to fly somewhere close and legal, your best bet is in Lakewood close to Lake Eire. Download the "Airmap" app and use it on your mobile device to see where it is legal to fly.

Welcome. Used to live in West Park area. On Melbourne Ave. Went to Newton D Baker JH. You're in a "no fly zone" since you're within 5 mile radius of Hopkins. If you want to fly somewhere close and legal, your best bet is in Lakewood close to Lake Eire. Download the "Airmap" app and use it on your mobile device to see where it is legal to fly.

Thanks. Yeah, I am under about 5 no fly zones here. I'll look for lakeshore sites then. Hoping for an open field someplace for now to avoid water landings and pissed off gulls.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54