DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Near miss of bridge

The wind was blowing me pretty hard. Plus I was about 1 1/2 miles down river. I was getting a lot of interference from the bridge...thought I was gonna get blown into the flag pole.

• Wow
Reactions: WAXMAN
It was technically. Straight down river. I could see the bridge. It was because of all that metal

If everyone only flew where they could actually see there drone with the naked eye then they wouldn’t be flying past 1000ft?
well well well and all this time i thought that VLOS meant the drone ,not the object that it was flying over at the time silly me

If everyone only flew where they could actually see there drone with the naked eye then they wouldn’t be flying past 1000ft?
By using. Lighting such as ARC2 strobes VLOS is increased to about 2000-2500 ft in most cases.

To OP... beware of hanging cables, rope, etc. scout the area when possible before flying close.

Did you see that wire hanging on the left at 39 seconds, that could have ended the flight for sure.
I went back and looked and didn’t see a wire[emoji848]

Yes, very visible at 0:39 - 0:40 could be wire, but was flapping around in the wind, kite or balloon string ?

Interesting how the props were visible quite a lot through the latter video, obviously the allowance for tilt up when going under the bridge, but also at near 1:40 after passing the upper bridge.
Top corners and obvious prop shadows down lower on the return, more into the sun direction.

What model Mavic, and were you in sports mode ?
Actually looking at the flags on the return, you were flying into a reasonable breeze, which would have affected pitch forward.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78