DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Near miss of bridge

I use 4 Firehouse ARC2s, one on each arm; 2whites on rear arms and then a red and a green on each front leg ... all in Aerial Pixel mounts no Velcro or adhesive needed. These have over 600 flights on them since Dec 2018. As mentioned above, this also helps visual recognition of drone orientation. Never a camera problem
View attachment 80110

Wow! How much extra weight does that add? I have a MPP and I’m wanting to get some strobes and was wondering if I should get the 2 or 4 LED strobes. Which would you recommend?

Wow! How much extra weight does that add? I have a MPP and I’m wanting to get some strobes and was wondering if I should get the 2 or 4 LED strobes. Which would you recommend?
Get the ARC2s, visibility is much better. They weigh about 4 grams each. So four of them is insignificant added weight. I use 4 of them and notice no difference in any flight characteristics.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
BTW ... Binoculars don't satisfy VLOS requirements. Eye glasses and contacts are the most "aid" that you can use.
According to Section 107.31 -
(a) With vision that is unaided by any device other than corrective lenses, the remote pilot in command, the visual observer (if one is used), and the person manipulating the flight control of the small unmanned aircraft system must be able to see the unmanned aircraft throughout the entire flight in order to:
(1) Know the unmanned aircraft’s location;
(2) Determine the unmanned aircraft’s attitude, altitude, and direction of flight;
(3) Observe the airspace for other air traffic or hazards; and
(4) Determine that the unmanned aircraft does not endanger the life or property of another.
DSC02233 (2).JPG my glasses are 3X

I too had a close shave in my early days with my Bebop 2 - trees and a bridge. Fantastic footage though in 1080!
Canal Sunrise

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
You DO realize that this is EXACTLY the sort of flying that jeopardizes the freedom of all of us out there who fly these things both for recreation, and for livelihood? A 2 pound lithium-battery filled quadcopter crashing down into the high speed traffic on the Freemont Bridge would certainly bring on some Portland-wide (and possibly Oregon-wide) ANTI-DRONE LAW. I NEVER FLY "OVER" bridges. Fly under, OK (if VERY careful). Flying alongside and gaining altitude to look down. OK. OVER THEM means OVER BUSY CITY TRAFFIC which means over people or within 500 feet of people. FAA RULES MAKE THIS ILLEGAL! So, this stunt might have cost ALL of the radio controlled aircraft community dearly ... and just so you could get YOUR great shot. This is the sort of irresponsible flying that NO ONE in these forums should do anything but condemn, for the reasons outlined. WTF man? What were you thinking?

I think there is an entire generation that drinks fluoride at every meal, and has lost the ability to THINK. Amazing! Just because you can afford an expensive toy does NOT mean you should be flying one! Apparently you have NOT read FAA rules, nor ever taken an FAA test for commercial operations, and yet want to shoot pro video. The worst thing is that NO ONE in these forums is willing to be politically Incorrect enough to slap this pilot-wanna-be over the freakin' head and tell him to get educated BEFORE you place a potential hazard to city traffic in the air over a Freeway bridge? Unbelievable! This is no forum, it is more like a brag page!

People like this will get the whole industry shut down, except the Amazon and Google Drones................Maybe the FAA will investigate and give a citation for violating the regulations..

I think there is an entire generation that drinks fluoride at every meal, and has lost the ability to THINK. Amazing! Just because you can afford an expensive toy does NOT mean you should be flying one! Apparently you have NOT read FAA rules, nor ever taken an FAA test for commercial operations, and yet want to shoot pro video. The worst thing is that NO ONE in these forums is willing to be politically Incorrect enough to slap this pilot-wanna-be over the freakin' head and tell him to get educated BEFORE you place a potential hazard to city traffic in the air over a Freeway bridge? Unbelievable! This is no forum, it is more like a brag page!
You’re exactly right. I’ve been disappointed to find the drone community is the least grown up and mature I’ve ever seen. In most hobbys, self-policing works. But not here it seems. The result will be more and more restrictive regulations.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki