DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Near Miss

I use roof antennas when flying Phantoms inside the vehicle (spare RC). They still have to be aimed in the general direction of the drone. The signal will work through glass but nothing else in the vehicle. If available, using “Follow Me” will link a gps enabled device with AC. Works as long there is telemetry, even if video is blocked by trees.
Have fun, happy holidays

I use roof antennas when flying Phantoms inside the vehicle (spare RC). They still have to be aimed in the general direction of the drone. The signal will work through glass but nothing else in the vehicle. If available, using “Follow Me” will link a gps enabled device with AC. Works as long there is telemetry, even if video is blocked by trees.
Have fun, happy holidays
Yes, I agree. By using mode "Follow Me" I think the drone will keep connected with RC.

If you’re driving and piloting at the same time never ever ever forget to set your signal loss to hover. That way if you lose signal you can quickly turn around and recover the link. When the pilot is moving and the drone is set to RTH on signal loss that’s just asking for trouble. And I’m speaking from experience as someone who almost lost a new M2Z that way.

If you’re driving and piloting at the same time never ever ever forget to set your signal loss to hover. That way if you lose signal you can quickly turn around and recover the link. When the pilot is moving and the drone is set to RTH on signal loss that’s just asking for trouble. And I’m speaking from experience as someone who almost lost a new M2Z that way.
Thanks for your suggestion man. Actually someone else was driving and I was in the front passenger seat. Setting RTH to hover is a great idea. Thanks

Guys I know some of you suggested
Have fun, happy holidays
I had to read this a couple of times. So are you saying that the better option for following a vehicle while pilotting would be follow me mode? If so, will this have prevented the disconnect? Or is it just easier to use for what I was doing? Take a look at the completed video especially 1:52- 1:56. This is what I was doing when it got disconnected

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50