DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nearly Perfect Mavic Pro New Years Eve!!

LakeTravis

Reactions
Spent NY Eve at a friends house and had the greatest time yesterday. Helped him set up his Mavic Pro FM Combo he received for Christmas. Yes, he actually waited since then, but it wasn't his first drone, he has everything from a P2V to an Inspire 1. It was SO fun to watch the look on a fellow 60+ user's face and relative excitement. Still like a kid on Christmas. Only glitch was that his Mavic Battery Hub seems defective. The light stays red and never starts to charge--mine worked fine though for getting his all charged earlier in the day. Minor thing since he can charge them individually (hassle, I agree) until he gets a replacement from DJI. I was hoping to get some night photos of the fireworks going off around the lake, but the wind had picked up and it was just too gusty for night flying.

He was amazed by the technology leap that the Mavic represents, but then, even after having mine for two months and several dozen flights, so am I!!! I mean after all, when I was a kid, we had to walk 15 miles to school, through deep snow and blazing hot warm weather--UPHILL IN BOTH DIRECTIONS!!! ;)

Almost forgot!!! Even though the game doesn't matter at all to them and means the season is over, or the Eagles still have a shot at the playoffs. Lots of good (American) football today! GO COWBOYS!

Happy New Year DM3.jpg

Reactions: sonof40 and beerleo
We set the coals on fire to stay warm while we were carrying them...

GET OFF MY LAWN!

45f9a4d9a7bc7e68efe5e460b8fc9b78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus using MavicPilots

My wife hates technology. Today we took the fat mutt to the park for a walk (and some flights) and she was blown away. It is a great platform to fly but take the time to become VERY familiar with everything especially RTH (all modes of and how to cancel).

I did not and had my first flight fright when the battery went critical level while hovering right in front of me and it started the 10 second RTH countdown. I did not know how to cancel (red pause button) and it started to throttle up to RTH some 30 feet away. I grasped it from underneath and held it while it really throttled up and pulled the sticks to command a shutdown. Success but lesson learned. Next few hours were at a park playing with RTH !

What a piece of technology. I cannot figure out how they can sell it as cheap as they do......

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: LakeTravis

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock