DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Necessity is the mother of invention.

WV. Rootman

Reactions
I got my mini 3 pro a couple days before I left on a three week vacation. I had trouble getting DJI Fly to load on my android. There was no problem on my I Pad. I prefer the I Pad anyway. So this is what I worked out, although I still need to get it loaded up on my android as a backup. I am happy with the results.20230423_150415.jpg
That's it, just 2 rubber bands.20230423_150552.png

Last edited:
I got my mini 3 pro a couple days before I left on a three week vacation. I had trouble getting DJI Fly to load on my android. There was no problem on my I Pad. I prefer the I Pad anyway. So this is what I worked out, although I still need to get it loaded up on my android as a backup. I am happy with the results.View attachment 163012View attachment 163013
That's it, just 2 rubber bands.
Very very clever , cheers Len

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Good idea for something on the fly.

I'd double up the rubber bands for safety.

It's good to have a secondary system should the primary fail.

I'd at least double up the rubber bands on each side, using 4 total. Just in case one breaks

Wow. We posted at the same time with the same thought.

Spooky.

Ditto

Reactions: MA2 317
The rubber bans aren't real tight. They just provide positive pressure. One works, but 2 are more stable.

Reactions: MA2 317
I think I can inprove on that system with heavier rubber bands and a U shaped bracket. The pivot point is low, being the phone holder.The U shaped bracket could simply slide into the rubber bands and put a forward pressure closer to the top of the I Pad.

Yep, I need to get another screen protector.
Thanks, don't get old. Lol.

Last edited:
Fantastic idea!

I got my mini 3 pro a couple days before I left on a three week vacation. I had trouble getting DJI Fly to load on my android. There was no problem on my I Pad. I prefer the I Pad anyway. So this is what I worked out, although I still need to get it loaded up on my android as a backup. I am happy with the results.View attachment 163013
That's it, just 2 rubber bands.View attachment 163019
On the farm we always used bailing wire for repairs, but in this case your choice of rubber bands is a winner!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_