DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need a tablet around $100-150

blaze309

Reactions
Hey guys just got a Mavic Air and love the thing but my Samsung Galaxy 7 seems to get way too hot. Looking for a cheap tablet option that will work as flawlessly as possible. I don't mind buying used or refurb to save a little money.

You should be able to find something that will work on this list of recommended and commonly used tablets.

KB-Best-Tablets.jpg

I got a galaxy tab e 8in.
Has expandable memory, possible Sim card. If I wanted to pay for it. Not sure 100% how well its going to work with the MA since I've been flying mostly in areas with WiFi interference. But I got it for $150 from someone selling.. Can't go wrong.

I was looking at both the Tab A and Tab E. They seem to be relatively the same but the A has 2gb ram whereas the E has 1.5 I believe. There's a used A I can get for like $100 but I made an offer on a tab S2 9.7 . Guy was asking $150 on craigslist but I offered him $125 so we'll see what he says. I suppose it's worth $150 though anyways.

Well just bought a brand new ipad mini 4 for $135. Not a big fan of apple but everyone seems to really like theirs and for the price it was a steal.

Reactions: Gmgfarrand
I use my iPad Pro 12” when I’m stationary, and the iPad mini when I am not.
I have a galaxy Tab Pro 8.4” but the **** thing keeps crashing.

Haha a 12in that's huge. This is my first drone so the mini 4 should be perfect. It was originally out of the question due to the price. I couldn't even find a used one for what I paid for this new one.

I was looking at both the Tab A and Tab E. They seem to be relatively the same but the A has 2gb ram whereas the E has 1.5 I believe. There's a used A I can get for like $100 but I made an offer on a tab S2 9.7 . Guy was asking $150 on craigslist but I offered him $125 so we'll see what he says. I suppose it's worth $150 though anyways.
Keep in mind there are different versions of the Tab A, not sure about the E. My tab A has 3GB of ram for example. Not sure why they name different tablets exactly the same, but they do. Something to keep in mind if you're looking to buy one. The model number on mine is SM-P580NZKAXAR in case you were interested.

Interesting. I only came across the Tab A that had 2gb so I must have missed a model.
I actually found it on Ebay new in box. Seller actually lives pretty close to me as well.

I actually looked at the Lenovo Tab 4 and it seems like a good deal. I just picked up a Galaxy S2 9.7 off craigslist since my ipad won't be here until next week. I figure I'll compare the two and see which I like best and sell one off. I may prefer the smaller screen on the mini 4 but maybe once I get a mount for the S2 it'll be fine.

I've got a lenovo tab 4 8 inch that I use, but when shooting on the run I still use my s9+, screen is so bright nothing can touch it.

I bought this mount

Powerextra Upgraded 2 in 1 Mavic Pro 4-12 inch Tablet Smartphone Holder Aluminum-Alloy Foldable Bracket Mount + Belt Neck Lanyard Strap Adjustable Extender for DJI Mavic Pro and DJI Spark Remote Controller https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XJM7CQ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9dupBbHHRS4JM

It's been doing good for my tab e. I put the tablet in a hard case and seems to fit ok. Wish the prongs were deeper.

Reactions: blaze309
A tab s2 for 125 is a good deal and it is better then the tab a or E. I had a tab s 10.5 that I used for my phantom 3 and it worked great. I use a note 8 now for my mavic and am happy with that. I have a tab S3 but don't use it for flying.

Reactions: blaze309
I bought this mount

Powerextra Upgraded 2 in 1 Mavic Pro 4-12 inch Tablet Smartphone Holder Aluminum-Alloy Foldable Bracket Mount + Belt Neck Lanyard Strap Adjustable Extender for DJI Mavic Pro and DJI Spark Remote Controller https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XJM7CQ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9dupBbHHRS4JM

It's been doing good for my tab e. I put the tablet in a hard case and seems to fit ok. Wish the prongs were deeper.

I actually bought one off Amazon earlier. It's not that exact model but very similar.

“Need a tablet around $100-150”

I think that’s called the Holy Grail.
Please, if you find it post back here. You will make a lot of friends. Good luck [emoji106]

“Need a tablet around $100-150”

I think that’s called the Holy Grail.
Please, if you find it post back here. You will make a lot of friends. Good luck [emoji106]
I bought a tab e lte 8" screen brand new in box for 150. Added a memory card for kicks and a hard case and it's under 250 all done. The tablet Retails for 290 plus taxes. Some people sell stuff

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird