DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need answers

Derek_M

Reactions
So I recently got a Mavic pro a few days ago and I have been itching to fly it. One problem, I have one airport that I have to call that doesn’t even pick up! So I just can’t fly and I don’t know what to do since I am within 5 miles of an airport.

So I recently got a Mavic pro a few days ago and I have been itching to fly it. One problem, I have one airport that I have to call that doesn’t even pick up! So I just can’t fly and I don’t know what to do since I am within 5 miles of an airport.
Just go over there and explain what you want to do. People are generally nicer in person, so they may work out some arrangement with you. My local airport just gave me a number to text to alert them that I will be in the air.

Reactions: Former Member
Just curious, but how busy is this airport. It seems odd that no one answers the phone, unless it's a tiny airport that isn't used much.

Does the drone even take off where you are? Even after getting permission, you may have to get DJI to unlock the area and that's only for a limited time.

I can still fly but it gives me a warning about class d airspace. The one problem is I’m too scared since I have seen a few aircraft that where pretty close around 700 feet in the sky

I can still fly but it gives me a warning about class d airspace. The one problem is I’m too scared since I have seen a few aircraft that where pretty close around 700 feet in the sky

If you're seeing aircraft that close then I wouldn't recommenced flying there at all.

Reactions: Kilrah
You never know... But if you want to be "legal", just fly strictly under 400ft. Planes don't have the right to fly under...But they have to land anyway, that's why you should go away from this restricted area!
If they don't answer at phone, why don't you go there and ask them? Or maybe you should try to ask to your city hall...
Where I fly, there are sometimes combat jets coming over here...and they fly in very low altitude... like just above trees...
I'm scared about it because I can't predict them and I also can't call air force to tell them to be aware in the area....

Update, managed to finally get their control tower number and now I not have no problems notifying them anymore

You never know... But if you want to be "legal", just fly strictly under 400ft. Planes don't have the right to fly under...But they have to land anyway, that's why you should go away from this restricted area!
If they don't answer at phone, why don't you go there and ask them? Or maybe you should try to ask to your city hall...
Where I fly, there are sometimes combat jets coming over here...and they fly in very low altitude... like just above trees...
I'm scared about it because I can't predict them and I also can't call air force to tell them to be aware in the area....
Why can't you call the Air Force? I call the Marine Corps Air Station to coordinate in a restricted area and in their class D. Never had a problem.

Maybe I should.. I thought they'll just tell me something "ahah we don't care about you, just go fly anywhere else!"
But I think they don't want to crash a plane due to a f....ing drone... ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soni_kun